Can't configure MP client in aMPdroid (1 Viewer)

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I was using aMPdroid 1.13 pro more or less successfully on my Note 4 for a few months, but since upgrading to Android 5.1.1 on the Note 4 and to MP version 1.12, I can no longer connect aMPdroid to MP extended (0.54)
    I am using the manual method because the barcode scanner required for the QR code recognition requests more access privileges than I find appropriate, and clicking "scan" in aMPdroid produces no visible response.
    When I enter all of the information in the aMPdroid "Add new client" dialog and click "Request access to service", I get the expected popup on my HTPC asking for confirmation. When I click the "Grant" button in this dialog, the aMPdroid dialog again shows the "Request access ..." button. If I then click "OK" in the aMPdroid dialog, no new client appears in the list. At no time does any error message appear on either the Note 4 or the HTPC. I am using authentication as recommended and have deleted and recreated the account in MP extended to make sure I am using the correct account and password.
    Adding to the frustration is aMPdroid's inability to maintain its state through a change in the Note's display orientation. If I lay down the Note or inadvertently tip it, aMPdroid closes the dialog and I have to start over again from scratch. This is really a pain, especially with the entry of the MAC address, which requires repeated switching between the standard and symbol keyboards in order to enter the requested delimiters.
    How can I get this to work, or at least troubleshoot the problem?

hachiroku

Portal Member
    August 23, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    the grant access doesn't work so well if I recall correctly.

I've done the scan QR as well as manual configuration not in advanced mode. if you use your admin account it should connect without issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom