Can't enter path to NAS into Recording Folder Field in TV Server Configuration

Discussion in 'Installation, configuration support' started by Steve.Rayner61, January 5, 2018.

1. Steve.Rayner61
    • Premium Supporter

Steve.Rayner61 MP Donator

IT Desktop Support Analyst
    Ratings:
    +49 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Show System Specs
    Hi all,

I’ve just spent $3700.00 on a new Synology NAS. It’s working perfectly, with one very frustrating exception (Considering this was the primary reason for spending the money). Under MediaPortal TV Server Configuration > Recording > Folders > Recording Folder, I can’t enter the path to the NAS. Due to some new painful situation apparently created by Microsoft with the Windows 10/1709 Update, it seems it’s now not possible to Browse to the NAS from within Windows File Explorer > Network. This obviously also affects the dialog within TV Server Configuration, such that the NAS does not appear in that Browse list.

In Windows File Explorer It is, however still possible to both:
    1. Enter the path to the NAS manually e.g. \\NAS1 and…
    2. Map a Drive to the NAS.

Unfortunately however, it is not possible to manually enter anything into the Recording folder field under MediaPortal TV Server Configuration > Recording > Folders, so I can’t use method 1 above and, for whatever reason, any drive I map to the NAS using method 2 above, also does not appear in the Recording > Folders Browse list?

So, I meet brick walls in every direction :(.

Whilst it seems that this problem has been created by Microsoft, I believe it could be easily resolved if I were able to manually enter the path to the NAS into the Recording folder field under MediaPortal TV Server Configuration > Recording > Folders, but this is not possible, which I find strange, considering this method of input is available in other parts of MediaPortal Configuration, such as …Videos > Video Folders > Add > Media folder / optical disk drive.

Is there any chance this can be changed, or is there any other way I can enter the path to my NAS into this field? Or have I truly blown $3700.00? :(.

Cheers,
    Steve.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. regeszter
    • Team MediaPortal

regeszter Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +5,151 / 18
    Home Country:
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi,

try the attached SetupTv (make a backup before override the original one). You will be able to edit the folder without browsing it.

setuptv.PNG

Attached Files:

• SetupTv.zip
      File size:
      542.6 KB
      Uploaded:
      January 5, 2018
      Views:
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Steve.Rayner61
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +49 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Show System Specs
    Thanks regeszter, but do I need to be running V 1.18.0 for this to work? I'm still on 1.16.0. Tried and it won't run. I'll download and run the update now if necessary.

5. regeszter
    • Team MediaPortal

regeszter Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +5,151 / 18
    Home Country:
    Hungary Hungary
    Yes, you need to upgrade to 1.18 final.

6. Steve.Rayner61
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +49 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Show System Specs
    Awesome!!!! That did the trick, well after I did a little more searching in the forum and found out I needed to create a new local user account to match the one that has access to the shared folder on the NAS, then use this new account to run the TVService, it is now running like a freight train!!

Many thanks for your help regeszter :).

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!