Can't enter path to NAS into Recording Folder Field in TV Server Configuration (1 Viewer)

Steve.Rayner61

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2011
    Perth - Western Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi all,

I’ve just spent $3700.00 on a new Synology NAS. It’s working perfectly, with one very frustrating exception (Considering this was the primary reason for spending the money). Under MediaPortal TV Server Configuration > Recording > Folders > Recording Folder, I can’t enter the path to the NAS. Due to some new painful situation apparently created by Microsoft with the Windows 10/1709 Update, it seems it’s now not possible to Browse to the NAS from within Windows File Explorer > Network. This obviously also affects the dialog within TV Server Configuration, such that the NAS does not appear in that Browse list.

In Windows File Explorer It is, however still possible to both:
    1. Enter the path to the NAS manually e.g. \\NAS1 and…
    2. Map a Drive to the NAS.

Unfortunately however, it is not possible to manually enter anything into the Recording folder field under MediaPortal TV Server Configuration > Recording > Folders, so I can’t use method 1 above and, for whatever reason, any drive I map to the NAS using method 2 above, also does not appear in the Recording > Folders Browse list?

So, I meet brick walls in every direction :(.

Whilst it seems that this problem has been created by Microsoft, I believe it could be easily resolved if I were able to manually enter the path to the NAS into the Recording folder field under MediaPortal TV Server Configuration > Recording > Folders, but this is not possible, which I find strange, considering this method of input is available in other parts of MediaPortal Configuration, such as …Videos > Video Folders > Add > Media folder / optical disk drive.

Is there any chance this can be changed, or is there any other way I can enter the path to my NAS into this field? Or have I truly blown $3700.00? :(.

Cheers,
    Steve.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi,

try the attached SetupTv (make a backup before override the original one). You will be able to edit the folder without browsing it.

setuptv.PNG

Attachments

• SetupTv.zip
      542.6 KB

Steve.Rayner61

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2011
    Perth - Western Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Awesome!!!! That did the trick, well after I did a little more searching in the forum and found out I needed to create a new local user account to match the one that has access to the shared folder on the NAS, then use this new account to run the TVService, it is now running like a freight train!!

Many thanks for your help regeszter :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom