[further infos missing] Can't even stop TVService manually (1 Viewer)

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
January 21, 2010
Braunschweig
Home Country
Germany Germany
I encountered a problem that might be unique to my machine - though it might lead to the problem why the installer can't stop TVService:
I wanted to stop TVService by hand to install 1.3. Beta but I can't even stop it manually...neither the process nor the service can't be stopped.

I encountered that problem with 1.3. Alpha before, but didn't pay that much of attention to it. I had that problem while I was trying to install Powerscheduler++, that plugin's installer wasn't able to stop TVService either. All that I could do was uninstall MP and reinstall it and afterwards PS++ was installed but did not work completely the way it should.

Now how can I help in figuring out what the problem is? Is there some kind of log I can provide? Anything else that might lead to the problems core?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    On my system I only can stop TV server from inside SetupTV (TV Server configuration) and there "Manual Control - Stop Service". Not even Taskmanager was able to kill tvservice.exe...

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh, I have to add that TVService now is stopped, but it took about 5- 10 minutes and I saw two of those messages in attachement before.[DOUBLEPOST=1355520544][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Hi.
    On my system I only can stop TV server from inside SetupTV (TV Server configuration) and there "Manual Control - Stop Service". Not even Taskmanager was able to kill tvservice.exe...

I can confirm that. SetupTV has no problem in stopping and starting TVService. Right after closing Setup and stopping it by using task manager it doesn't work.

It's the same if I restart my machine - thought it might be a problem that it is barely booted once a week.[DOUBLEPOST=1355520820][/DOUBLEPOST]Another thing that I figured out: Once I tried to stop TVService through Task Manager and I doubleclick on TVServer-Config it takes ages to start. Also about 5 minutes.

Attachments

• dienst.png
      dienst.png
      24.1 KB

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Now I installed 1.3. Beta after stopping TVService through Config and then I got the message as attached.

Attachments

• startup tvservice.png
      startup tvservice.png
      53.9 KB

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Might only be the standard windows firewall...but isn't that one configured during installation?[DOUBLEPOST=1355522661][/DOUBLEPOST]After a restart that message won't show again.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @MrCrabs
    Does your user account have admin privileges?
    Can you confirm: still W7 SP1?
    Do you use the DVB EPG grabber?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay, well it is possible you experienced a problem related to this:
    http://mantis.team-mediaportal.com/view.php?id=3947

That can prevent the service from stopping.

I don't understand the messages in the screenshots as I don't speak German. A translation would be helpful.

Now how can I help in figuring out what the problem is? Is there some kind of log I can provide? Anything else that might lead to the problems core?
    When in doubt, please *always* provide *all* log files! :)
    More information is better than not enough information.
    Use the watchdog tool and follow the instructions for non-reproducible problems:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

This should give us the installation and TV Server log files. Without them I don't think we can clearly know much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom