can't find tv stations by scanning on media portal (1 Viewer)

divo

July 14, 2014
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
I will take to my attention paragraphs 1 and 2.
I’m aware that I’ll be able to receive only the “channel” the one that I’ll choose on my set top box, and it’s o.k .
The problem is that I couldn’t get even this one channel, by scanning.
I will be glad if you’ll direct me to this:
There is a way to set up MediaPortal to control your satellite converter... but it is complex, and other people wouldn't be able to use the satellite converter with the TV at the same time.
As a matter of fact I’m not trying to control my satellite by media portal.
My main purpose is to record some of the tv programs , using my tv card on my desktop.
So even if I won’t be able to use the sat. convertor at the same time, it’ll be o.k.
I’m just trying to find a way to receive that one sat. channel on media portal.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If you're using s-video now, just click "add s-video inputs" and the channel should be added to your TV channels list (assuming TV Server can load your tuner).

Otherwise if you're still using RF I need new log files. I can't tell what the problem is from the log files you provided because I don't see any attempt to scan.

divo

July 14, 2014
    Home Country
    I can't use s-video only rf.
    about scanning. when I open 'media portal tv sever configuration' , 'tv servers' I have this options :
    1 dvb- ip media portal iptv source filter
    when I chose this one it gives me service options not fro m my region.( all from Europe).
    the satellite which my converter receive the important stations for me is AMOS , is there a way to " import" to media portal a specific satellite ?
    the other options are:
    3 analogue hauppauge win tv 885 tuner
    and:
    4 radio web stream card.

when I had analogue stations input from a cable , i used the analogue Hauppauge option.
    since the satellite output is digital I'm not sure what to use for scanning.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I can't use s-video only rf.
    Okay, if you say so. I remind you that RF is the worst possible option for quality and difficulty.

about scanning. when I open 'media portal tv sever configuration' , 'tv servers' I have this options :
    1 dvb- ip media portal iptv source filter
    when I chose this one it gives me service options not fro m my region.( all from Europe).
    the satellite which my converter receive the important stations for me is AMOS , is there a way to " import" to media portal a specific satellite ?
    DVB-IP is IPTV. That option can't help you unless your internet service provider (or some other internet streaming website) offers your AMOS channels.

the other options are:
    3 analogue hauppauge win tv 885 tuner
    This is the one to choose.

and:
    4 radio web stream card.
    You can ignore this one.

when I had analogue stations input from a cable , i used the analogue Hauppauge option.
    since the satellite output is digital I'm not sure what to use for scanning.
    The output from the satellite set top box is analog, so you use the analog Hauppauge option.
    Simply select your country, select cable input, then click scan for TV (not radio) channels. You can cancel after the first channel is found. The first (and only) channel will be the output from the satellite STB.
    Your satellite STB must be on all the time when you want to use it with MediaPortal, including when you scan.

divo

July 14, 2014
    Home Country
    o.k I succeeded with the above and a great thanks for your help.
    found this one channel that receives what is on my satellite STB and it's enough for me.
    I tried to remove from the list my "old" channels, using the tv mapping by living on card only those I want to be there.
    the strange thing is that it doesn't do this change on the MPtv client exe. and on main media portal.
    it still shows me all the channels. even after I restart the pc.

another thing. I tried to find a way to change the channel name and couldn't find it.

btw, I know that using RF cable gives the worst quality.
    it just that the stb and my desktop are in separate rooms and I'm using RF cables running in walls to transfer the signal, otherwise I'll have to put a long line of cable between rooms , so this is my choice for now.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I tried to remove from the list my "old" channels, using the tv mapping by living on card only those I want to be there.
    the strange thing is that it doesn't do this change on the MPtv client exe. and on main media portal.
    it still shows me all the channels. even after I restart the pc.
    If you don't want channels to show then you need to either delete them from the "TV Channels" section or remove them from the channel group(s), also in the "TV Channels" section.

another thing. I tried to find a way to change the channel name and couldn't find it.
    Use the TV Channels section:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...TV_Channels#Two_slow_clicks_on_a_channel-name
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...or_Edit_a_Channel#Editing_an_existing_channel

divo

July 14, 2014
    Home Country
    found everything and succeed with it, thanks a lot.

one last question.
    when I open the MP TV client I have to check first, every time, the " load all channels group" box before I choose " connect" , otherwise it doesn't show me the channels even if I check this box after choosing " connect". then I have to exit the program and open it again and do it in the right order.
    is there a way that " load all channels group" will be checked as a default ?

Attachments

• MP TV client.png
      MP TV client.png
      109.9 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If you create your own custom group then I suppose you won't need the all channels group to show, and you won't need the option to be ticked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom