can't get recordings to start when set thru EPG (1 Viewer)

jonathan barry

September 16, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello everyone! I hope you can help me!

I recently set up an htpc in my bedroom using windows 8.1, KODI , and media portal tv server all on the the same local host. I am using a HDhomerun dual tuner for OTA ATSC signals of local channels. The media portal PVR is functioning great! The mc2xml I set up is working great with a power scheduler to refresh once a week. The EPG is showing up in XBMC with the correct channels and the correct time. I can use the epg to switch the channels and everything is great, except one thing. I can not get a recording to start from the EPG. I can get a recording to start with a manual recording from the live channel, but not from a scheduled timer. It will confirm that a scheduled timer is set. I even think it is occupying one of my dual tuners in my HDHomerun, but there is no recording in my Recorded TV folder at all. It is as if it is not triggering the start of the recording.

I thought it might be an PVR or XBMC problem, so I started to work directly with Media Portal itself to test and leave XBMC out of the equation. But, It is doing the exact same thing. Media Portal itself will schedule a recording from EPG within media portal, but no recording will start when it is time to start the recording. A manual recording from the live channel will work perfect! I really am at a loss of what is going on here.

I am running XBMClauncher, but I have windows explorer opening first before the xbmclauncher shell. I don't think this should cause any issues. Any help would be much appreciated! Cheers!

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I thought it might be an PVR or XBMC problem, so I started to work directly with Media Portal itself to test and leave XBMC out of the equation. But, It is doing the exact same thing. Media Portal itself will schedule a recording from EPG within media portal, but no recording will start when it is time to start the recording. A manual recording from the live channel will work perfect! I really am at a loss of what is going on here.
    My classification rates me as a "Portal Pro", but I am a new user too. Your symptoms remind me of the mistake that I made when I set up MP 1.9.0 (pre-release) a couple of weeks ago, namely in "TV Server Config" and/or "MP Config" I forgot to enable the "PowerScheduler" plug-in (it is not enabled by default). This plug-in is the one that sets the timer that causes the HTPC to wake from sleep to make recordings.

Of course, it is quite possible that I have no idea what I am talking about!

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom