Can't get TV Server to scan channels (1 Viewer)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You say "MP no longer has a TV expert as part of the active team" (my emphasis).
    So, not just a DVB-C expert, but TV as such ? If nothing is done about that, then the system is in ruins.
    MP is a volunteer project. I would make these points:
    • People with the necessary skills need to volunteer to spend their time improving and maintaining MP, all without pay. If no one volunteers, no improvements will be made, and no bugs will be fixed.
    • Volunteers spend their MP time on aspects of MP that interest them, not on adding missing functions that users would like, or fixing bugs that users have reported. This is the reality of volunteer projects.
    • Many tens of thousands of users install and run MP without problem. So MP is not "in ruins". But there is a small group of users who (for whatever reason) have difficulty installing or setting-up MP, and whose problems cannot be solved over the internet. These people have to look elsewhere for a media-center application.
    • At some point MP may become "stabilised", meaning that no more changes will be made. But MP will remain available, even though over the years (decades?) it will become progressively more out of date, and less able to address whatever way of viewing TV is then current.
    -- from CyberSimian in the UK

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have a HDHomerun Expand DVB-C tuner, which I have used for about 10 years.
    (This, of course, is updated with the latest firmware from Silicondust).
    I have never use a HdHomeRun, so the following is based only on what I have read elsewhere.

I believe that the HdHomeRun setup tool has a specific setting that you need to enable in order for the HomeRun to work with MP. I guess that the HomeRun can work with different media-center applications that use different interfaces to the HomeRun, so you need to set your HomeRun to use the MP interface.

If the HomeRun firmware has been updated (either by you explicitly, or by the HomeRun deciding to update itself when it was connected to the internet), the settings that you were using may have been reset to the default settings. It is probable that the default for the interface setting is Windows Media Center.

So, check this setting on your HomeRun, and set it to "MP" if necessary.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

textune

Portal Member
    July 14, 2024
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    What is important here, none less, is an analysis of - for instance 20 seconds - of a transport stream, in a ts-file for a whole transponder. I can put that up on dropbox for @Pablik to fetch and get the metadata. And then I could put the logs there as well.

textune

Portal Member
    July 14, 2024
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Concerning the HDHomerun Expand. This has 4 tuners, and is DVB-C
    It has, of course, latest software from Silicondust already installed, version name 20230713.
    BDA compatibility mode is set to MediaPortal.
    Advanced --- BDA driver set to InjectCVCT
    plus automatically select from tuners recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom