Can't get TV to come on any CVS build after 11-11-2005 (1 Viewer)

80sman

Portal Pro
August 1, 2005
UK
I think I've managed to find a fix for this, or todays cvs fixed it, not sure which because I changed both things at the same time.

Please try the latest cvs and see if it works.

The only other thing I'd done was to completely remove all of .net 1 and 1.1 + hotfixes and .net 2 and then reinstall .net 2 plus windows updates which includes hotfix for the 1.1.

After this with the latest cvs my tv works but I've got some wierd popping every now and again, might just be because of the weather though..... that and the dvb-t epg isn't working...... or it's not able to read what is there because of the weather.

hope some of this useless ramble helps

LonelyPixel

Portal Member
November 7, 2005
Eckental, Germany
Latest CVS - still doesn't work. Does anyone have a Hauppauge Nova-S Plus out there? I read in a computer/tech magazine (c't) that this card was only intended for Windows MCE while others were intended for MCE and XP. But my card also works on XP, with the provided TV application. Badly, but it works.

Koschel

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2005
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The Nova-S Plus is working definitly working with MP. Right now all DVB cards seem to have a problem. If you use GraphEdit you'll see, that there is no connection between Microsoft DVB- Tuning Space and the card.

I've the Nova-S Plus working with MP with 0.2RC1 and CVS 11-07-2005 14:03.
    Latest CVS, which is working with DVB-S is afaik 11-11-2005.

C'T , usually a very good mag, but in this case they're not right. The Nova-S Plus is working with Hauppauge native programms, even with Win XP only.

pshdo

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2005
    Holbaek, Denmark
    Callifo said:
    Only analogue cards, you have no problem. Dvb cards dont need encoders as the streams are already in mpeg2.

Sorry for asking..... :oops:
    But i´m a little confused......

I have a Hauppauge PVR150, is that a software-card ??
    I think not, but then again, i have not been able to use myTv since the 11/11 CVS build, or something like that......

And i still can´t use myTv without using the old TV??.dll file that is.....

Is this going to be fixed later, or is it bye bye to all Analouge cards, with and without mpg encoder on them all together.....
    :?:

pshdo

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2005
    Holbaek, Denmark
    Hi there.....

Callifo said:
    Its definately a hardware card.

Ok, i also thought so....

Callifo said:
    Have you tried cvs lately? TVs almost back to normal so it should be fine.

Yes, the last one i have tried is the mediaportal-cvs-12-10-2005--19-18.rar, and it has improved a little, it used to crash the system but now i just get a "no avalible card" info.... :?

Still works fine with the old TVcapture.dll file thoug..... :wink:

David38

November 24, 2005
    France
    Hi,

I have also the same problem:
    Tuner: Hauppauge NOVA-T (DVB-T)
    CVS: 12 10 2006, MP0.2

The setup wizard detect the tuner but hide the autotune button.
    When I go to "channels", I can launch the tune but no channels are found.

uninstalling everythink and reinstalling RC1 is working fine.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom