Can't get tvguide to work... (1 Viewer)

nettech_gt

Portal Pro
January 19, 2006
I'm really haveing trouble getting the EGP to work in MP. I have followed the provided guides and have been able to grab the xml info to a tvguide.xml file. When I go into my tv, then tvguide and press f3 and select import tv guide it says it completes sucessfully but when I go to tv guide again it says no tvguide data on all channels. What am I doing wrong....?

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Do the names of the channels match the EPG data perfectly?

If you go into configuration and tv channels. If you press import tvguide it should say x channels inported but nothing should be added providing the names are identical.

nettech_gt

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2006
    Thanx! I started from scratch and did what you suggested. It seems to be working now. However there is one other problem. When I'm watching any channel in full screen and then right click to select a channel. I click on option1 (TV CVhannels) It lists the the channels:

1 2TBS
    2 3WGN
    3 5KSWB
    4 6XETV
    5 7NBC
    6 8CBS
    7 9KUSI
    8 10 ABC
    9 13UPN
    14KTLA
    etc.....

So after number nine it only shows the the actual channel number and name. So if I type 5 it changes to 7CBS not to channel 5. If I type a channel after 9 (68 etc.) it dosen't change at all. So what can I do so I type in any channel number and have it go to the correct channel?

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

nettech_gt said:
    So after number nine it only shows the the actual channel number and name. So if I type 5 it changes to 7CBS not to channel 5. If I type a channel after 9 (68 etc.) it dosen't change at all. So what can I do so I type in any channel number and have it go to the correct channel?

This is a normal usage here (in europe). Look for unlogical channel numbering. ;)

You will find some workarounds, but in the latest CVS there is an option to switch the channel input from "index" to "direct input". Somewhere in the Television-TAB.

Flip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom