Cant get videos to work with mediaportal! :( (1 Viewer)

PussyWagon

Portal Pro
August 2, 2008
I cant get my videos to be running in mediaportal. NONE of them work for me... :(
All videos is working fine within windows and windows media player but not in mp.
When trying to start a video its just flickers one time and then noting happens...

Anybody having the same issu or do know what to do?

etheesdad

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2008
    Adelaide
    yeah sounds like your windows codecs are ok but you need to set MP up to use them.

SAF is good, and tells you how to do this and there are also guides in the wiki for using ffdshow (Goose's guide is very good and has iunstructions for setting up ffdshow tryouts with MP)

beankid

Portal Member
    January 4, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am having the same problem, and I had MediaPortal set up and working only a few days before and this just started to come up. I don't really know where to start since my codecs and everything was working only a few days ago. I have to resort to useing Meedio again to watch my movies. All my audio plays in MediaPortal just not my video for some reason.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, what graphics chip is being used with how much memory!!

Try running filmerit and see if any errors show up for your codecs.

beankid

Portal Member
    January 4, 2009
    Home Country
    I am useing a 780g Motherboard which has an IGP HD4200 I believe. I am runing with 4gb of ram, I don't really understand why it would have effect only on MediaPortal, because I am able to play my movies outside of MediaPortal, and my computer is more than able to play anything I throw at it. I am not running out of availible memory either.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Make sure that in the BIOS, graphics (gpu\video) memory is set to either 256 or 512mb, not auto.

We are just trying to cover all known possible reasons why video may not play, one seems to be the above.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    OK using ffdshow for audio, can you change under the audio codec config MP1\MP2 from libmad to mp3lib or more preferably libavcodec, this choice is only available on new versions of ffdshow found here SourceForge.net: ffdshow tryouts: Files

There seems to be a issue connecting to directsound device,

Your options

reinstall directx, if already downloaded novembers directx update just run it again
    run dxdiag, see if any errors show, if still no go,
    reinstall audio driver

one of the above should fix this.

beankid

Portal Member
    January 4, 2009
    Home Country
    WHy would MediaPortal just stop working like this though? I am able to play my files outside of mediaportal useing the ffdshow codec and I have no troubles at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom