Can't get WebEPG to work (1 Viewer)

jame

Portal Member
December 14, 2008
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
:confused:
I'm new to MP, but not new to PC or TV-technology. I've installed MP + TV server latest version and installed as much as I could the default way. I have a DVB-t and an analog TV-card and these are working.

One of the next steps is to get an EPG working for my TV-channels. WebEPG seems to be the preferred way of doing this because it can grab EPG data from a wide range of countries and magazines and even combine these into one. The option to have EPG data combined for timesharing channels is truly fantastic.

But I've spend 3 nights now (not including newyear's eve;)) to get WebEPG working and it's still dead. I've been reading through forum threads, wiki MP and I can't figure it out.

Basically: WebEPG shows program data correctly in a tvguide.xml file for 2 out of 5 test channels. But the data is not shown in MP itself.

Detailed:

1) I've started by reading this manual

MediaPortalSetup_WebEPG - MediaPortal Manual Documentation

2) I've imported 5 of my TV channels for testing: BBC1/2/Nederland1/2/3.

3) I'm using the English 'radiotimes' grabber for BBC1/2 and the Dutch 'TVgids' grabber for Nederland1/2/3.

4) To retrieve EPG data I've started WebEPG manually.

5) I've looked up the location of my tvguide.xml file and the xmtv.dtd file. It's in:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\xmltv

6) I've opened the TVguide.xml but it holds program data only for BBC1/2. (=PROBLEM 1)

7) In my 'TV Server Configuration' I have enabled the XMLTV plugin.

8) I've copy-pasted the location in the TV Server config/plugins/XMLTV/'Settings'.

9) For forced testing I've hit the 'Import' button and the status report shows 5 imported channels (=OK) and 0 imported programs (=PROBLEM 2) I assume I should at least see a higher number of imported programs related to BBC1/2 because they are visible in TVguide.xml

10) Start MP and start My TV. TV kicks in but the TV guide here shows 'no data available' even for BBC1/2. (=PROBLEM 3)

Attachment: Tvguide.xml:

View attachment 32102

Any help much appreciated,

J.Melis
Belgium

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Did you map the channels in XMLTV Mappings + load & map channels together & then hit the save button?

Regards
    Roy

jame

Portal Member
    December 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Thank you Roy,

I'm moving 1 step forward. But problems1/2/3 are not completely solved yet.

I've mapped the channels in TV Server config/plugins/xmltv/mappings. Loading & saving is done.

Current status:

I can now see EPG data for just 1 channel i.e. BBC1 in MP / My TV / TV Guide. EPG data is still not available for BBC2/Nederland 1/2/3. This is really weird. The BBC2 info is definetely in my tvguide.xml. The others still don't retrieve data from the Dutch grabber for TVgids.nl.

Additionally:

What is the purpose of the WEBepg grabber in 'process plugins' inside 'MediaPortal - Configuration'?
    (Note: visible only if you start up the config module in advanced mode.)

Do I have to enable this or do I only activate 'xmltv' plugin inside 'TV Server - configuration' and modify WEBepg via webEPG via C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\WebEPG-conf.exe

My latest tvguide.xml:
    View attachment 32144

My xmltv mappings:
    xmltv mappings.JPG
    View attachment xmltv mappings export.txt

Best regards,

Jan

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    6) I've opened the TVguide.xml but it holds program data only for BBC1/2. (=PROBLEM 1)
    Check your WepEPG.log. It will tell you what is the problem.

9) I can now see EPG data for just 1 channel i.e. BBC1 in MP / My TV / TV Guide
    I do not really know the answer. But if I look to your Export.txt, I see that BBC2 is mapped after your NL-channels which are not in your TVguide. Maybe the plugin stops at this point??

10) Start MP and start My TV. TV kicks in but the TV guide here shows 'no data available' even for BBC1/2. (=PROBLEM 3)
    Could you post your settings for the EpgGrabbers AND the XMLTV-plugin? Maybe the Epg-Grabber is overwriting your imported channels? Check my settings here EPG and Xmltv-Settings

jame; said:
    What is the purpose of the WEBepg grabber in 'process plugins' inside 'MediaPortal - Configuration'?

Do I have to enable this or do I only activate 'xmltv' plugin inside 'TV Server - configuration' and modify WEBepg via webEPG via C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\WebEPG-conf.exe
    The configuration in the MP-Config is only a scheduler to start WebEPG. You do not need it, but when all is setup correctly (and working), you might use it instead of manually startin WegEPG.exe.

WepEG-conf.exe is only used to configure which channels you want to grab from where.

Good luck

Alfred

jame

Portal Member
    December 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hello Alfred,

Thanks for you quick reply.
    Problem 1 still not solved. EPG is not retrieved from tvgids.nl.
    Problem 2+3 solved earlier with Roy's help. XMTLV mappings had to be loaded and saved. EPG is working and visible in MP!

I do not really know the answer. But if I look to your Export.txt, I see that BBC2 is mapped after your NL-channels which are not in your TVguide. Maybe the plugin stops at this point??

Thanks to you I've managed to have my WebEPG running for BBC1 + BBC2(!) after deleting Nederland 1/2/3 from my TV guide. You were right! The tvgids.nl grabber is not working and blocks BBC2 EPG grabbing.

I've now found other Dutch users in this forum complaining about this. I live in Belgium and also my country's EPG grabbers for teveblad.be and telemoustique.be are not working with WebEPG. MP 1.0.0.0 is now released as a final version but I do not understand why WebEPG hasn't been cleaned for this.

Could you post your settings for the EpgGrabbers AND the XMLTV-plugin? Maybe the Epg-Grabber is overwriting your imported channels? Check my settings here EPG and Xmltv-Settings

My settings for TV EPG grabber and XMLTV are comparable to yours. In the TV EPG grabber I've enabled a few dvb-t channels which are continuously sending EPG data OTA (Over The Air) just for testing. This works also. In XMLTV Settings I've also enabled 'Delete old programs before import' but this doesn't really matter a lot.
    TV EPG grabber.JPGxmltv settings.JPG

Conclusion:

I now have a working EPG for 2 out of 5 test channels and I've learned why the other 3 or not working. I have another zillion MP questions and design suggestions but I feel that I've found the answers to this particular thread. So I would like to close this thread.

:DThanks again Alfred & Roy!

dv031

July 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    GRommm... :/

I'm a Belgian living in Netherland now. And have simular problem.
    Ned 1/2/3 are the first channels to check... thus tvgids.nl is not working anymore... now lets hunt for an alternative.

a020873

January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    WebEPG not working for belgium

Hi Guys,
    I use MP for several years now, and despite of a lot of little tweak items and missed recordings, sync problems, hanging PC, ... and thus a lot of trouble with my wife, I am still a very big fan.

5 years ago I have a monitor literally built in the wall, and I use it only as interface for the HTPC, viewing TV, movies, recordings etc on my TV in the living room and beamer in the sleeping room.

Concerning the EPG, I started using WebEPG since the installation of MP0.2.4 and also with MP1.0 Before I used XMLTV.

It worked well for several years, but about two months ago it suddenly ended, and as far as I understand, it is teveblad.be that makes downloading impossible. The weeks before, I already mentioned the message "Het gebruik van software om gegevens te extraheren uit deze website voor persoonlijk gebruik of voor weergave op een andere website ('screen scraping') is verboden".

Since then, my mediacenter lost 30% of its impressive functionality. All recordings are called "unknown" off coarse, and I have to rename them manually in the database.
    I hate that.
    Does anyone from Belgium have a solution for this?

dv031

July 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    So for the dutch users (Belgians and Hollanders ;) ) WebEPG isn't working anymore.
    Grabbing data from tvgids.nl or teveblad.be isn't possible anymore. (lame #####)

I'm now using a Tvgids.vbs script from.... eeeuuhh...
    and that script is grabbing 3 days epg DATA from Index of /
    But thats only 3 days.

I was thinking. (yes it did hurt)
    Where does digital TV like telenet or belgacomtv grabs its data?
    And how can we abuse that? ;p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom