Cant install tvserver (1 Viewer)

djlf

Portal Member
September 19, 2011
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
not sure if this is the place but please help i keep getting this error when trying to install mediaportal have tried everything bout no joy
mediaportal failed to startup tvservicesystem.net.sockets.socketexception: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.2.8:31456

here is the error log
2011-09-19 21:26:01.778950 [SetupTv(1)]: ServiceHelper: Starting TvService failed. Please check your installation.
Error: System.ServiceProcess.TimeoutException: Time out has expired and the operation has not been completed.
at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.WaitForStatus(ServiceControllerStatus desiredStatus, TimeSpan timeout)
at SetupTv.ServiceHelper.Start(String aServiceName)
2011-09-19 21:26:01.986962 [SetupTv(1)]: Failed to wait for Global\MPTVServiceInitializedEvent
2011-09-19 21:26:01.989962 [SetupTv(1)]: Exception :confused:ystem.Threading.WaitHandleCannotBeOpenedException: No handle of the given name exists.
at System.Threading.EventWaitHandle.OpenExisting(String name, EventWaitHandleRights rights)
at SetupTv.ServiceHelper.WaitInitialized(Int32 millisecondsTimeout)

2011-09-19 21:27:26.369788 [SetupTv(1)]: ServiceHelper: Starting TvService failed. Please check your installation.
Error: System.ServiceProcess.TimeoutException: Time out has expired and the operation has not been completed.
at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.WaitForStatus(ServiceControllerStatus desiredStatus, TimeSpan timeout)
at SetupTv.ServiceHelper.Start(String aServiceName)
2011-09-19 21:27:26.372788 [SetupTv(1)]: Failed to wait for Global\MPTVServiceInitializedEvent
2011-09-19 21:27:26.373788 [SetupTv(1)]: Exception :confused:ystem.Threading.WaitHandleCannotBeOpenedException: No handle of the given name exists.
at System.Threading.EventWaitHandle.OpenExisting(String name, EventWaitHandleRights rights)
at SetupTv.ServiceHelper.WaitInitialized(Int32 millisecondsTimeout)

2011-09-19 21:27:51.252211 [SetupTv(1)]: Exception :confused:ystem.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.2.8:31456

Server stack trace:
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(IPAddress[] addresses, Int32 port)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RemoteConnection.CreateNewSocket(AddressFamily family)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RemoteConnection.CreateNewSocket()
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RemoteConnection.GetSocket()
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketCache.GetSocket(String machinePortAndSid, Boolean openNew)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.SendRequestWithRetry(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.ProcessMessage(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryClientFormatterSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at TvControl.IController.get_Cards()
at SetupTv.Startup.Main(String[] arguments)

:D:confused:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi and welcome djif :)

mediaportal failed to startup tvservicesystem.net.sockets.socketexception: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.2.8:31456
    Could this indicate a firewall problem?
    TV Server needs to be able to send an listen on various ports which the installer should configure on the Windows firewall. If you're running a 3rd party firewall then you need to enable access for MediaPortal and TV Server. In this case, port 31456 is blocked for TV Server. You'd also need to enable access to port 554 for the streaming engine and 3306 (MySQL) or 1433 (SQL Server) for the database engine.

mm

djlf

Portal Member
    September 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Disabled firewall and still no joy. Installed ok this morning but had to uninstall for other reasons then when I tried to reinstall I kept getting the above error

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Looks like the TV Server from your previous install is not uninstalled then - it must still be listening on the various ports, which is preventing the new installation from working. Please manually stop the TV service before attempting the reinstall.

mm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

The precise instructions depend on the operating system you're using. On XP, I right click on "my computer", click "manage", expand "services and applications", select "services", find "TVService", click "stop". Vista and 7 will be similar, just maybe a different hierarchy on the left hand side.

mm

djlf

Portal Member
    September 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    any other ideas guys cause i've tried all the above but keep getting the same error goin out of my mind with this what should the host file look like?

uggabugga

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 21, 2007
    QXQgaG9tZSA7LSk=
    Home Country
    Does the "Event Viewer" give you any more clues(generate any events)?
    Does it work to access the following UNC path "\\localhost\c$" (I'm assuming your Windows installation is located on C:)?
    What OS are you running?
    The host file usually(standard) only contains one line which is active "127.0.0.1 localhost".

Try opening cmd.exe as administrator(right-click and choose Run as administrator) and write the following "netstat -a -b"
    Here you can see processes and which ports they are using.

With this command you can search for a specific port "netstat -o -n -a | findstr 0.0:31456"
    What does it return?

djlf

Portal Member
    September 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    again no joy not finding anything at my wits end will probably have to forget about tv server part port 31456 doesnt even show up:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom