Cant install tvserver (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    again no joy not finding anything at my wits end will probably have to forget about tv server part
    Please just relax for a moment and allow us to help you. We need you to answer one simple question.

What operating system are you using?

port 31456 doesnt even show up:confused:
    Stop looking for ports. You're going to need to reinstall MediaPortal, but you need to learn how to stop the TV service first so that the install works properly.

mm

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Cant install tvserver

There is one other possibility to install MP and make sure TVServer is installed correctly:
    1. Start MP installation file
    2. After all files are unpacked and the install screen is shown, close the installer application.
    3. Navigate to the following directory (Win7): C:\Users\"your username"\AppData\Local\Temp\MediaPortal Installation\deploy
    There you find two exe files: package-mediaportal.exe and package-tvengine.exe
    4. Execute these files, first package-mediaportal.exe and then package-tvengine.exe (in all windows just click on "Next")
    5. If you install the package-tvengine.exe, you will see that your tvserver is stopped after a while and the installation goes on.
    6. Installation ready - now everything should work ;)

djlf

Portal Member
    September 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Thanks for all the help guys Running windows 7 home premium 32bit Tried the deploy method same error as above After uninstall I've checked for tvservice in services and my firewall and it was uninstalled. On reinstall with deploy method it said stop service tv service then stopservive:tvservice is already stopped . Any other ideas? Is it router problem?

After the error is says install successful then when I start tv configuration it says tvservice not started would u like to start it now? Click yes. Long then error comes up again

Bump

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

Okay, so it sounds like the service has installed properly (although I'm guessing at this point as you haven't supplied full logs).

Which machine has the IP address 192.168.2.8?

mm

djlf

Portal Member
    September 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    I think the service does install properly - My Xbox360 is on IP 192.168.2.8
    does this mean an ip conflict?

djlf

Portal Member
    September 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    So how do I do that now as I can't get tv config to open ? Can u tell me what I need to do?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay - let's start from scratch here.
    First, whenever you report a bug, you *must* supply logs - these are our rules. I overlooked that since you're new, but resolving this issue taking far longer than it should because we don't have the information that we need.

1. Find the "debug mode" link in the "Team MediaPortal" folder in your start menu.
    2. Start it.
    3. Select option 3 "export all currently present logs".
    4. Click "proceed" - this will create a zip file on your desktop.
    5. Post the zip file here.

There is more detailed information about "the watchdog" and instructions for attaching files to a post etc. -->here<-- if you get stuck.

Second, MediaPortal configuration is done with two applications:
    - MediaPortal configuration, which is for configuring everything related to a "client" installation (videos, music etc. *and* the connection to a TV Server).
    - TV Server configuration, which is for configuring everything related to TV except how it looks in MediaPortal (that means channels, tuners etc.).

To configure MediaPortal to connect to TV Server open MediaPortal configuration and go to the "TV Client" subsection within the "TV" section. Enter the IP address or host name of the TV Server in the "hostname" field as described in our wiki -->here<--.

mm

djlf

Portal Member
    September 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Again thanks for your patience. Tried debug mode but this failed too. It won't output the zip file as it is giving an error to say that it can't find media portal.XML in the program data folder. Tried a reinstall and now it's failing at installing SQL giving a password error . This then stops the installation dead. Don't know how else to get u the log files, sorry. Seems a bit of a mess. I have tried various other things but no joy. It installed perfectly in the past so I don't understand what has happened

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It won't output the zip file as it is giving an error to say that it can't find media portal.XML in the program data folder.
    Sorry, I should have said that you need to run MediaPortal configuration at least once before running the watchdog.

Tried a reinstall...
    Please don't reinstall automatically - give us a chance to respond first. It can save hours for both you and us.

...and now it's failing at installing SQL giving a password error.
    The default password is "MediaPortal" (case sensitive). Make sure you have set the other settings correctly (do not use localhost - you must enter the IP address or hostname) and as long as SQL Server/MySQL are running then it should work.

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom