Can't play DVD (1 Viewer)

digitlman

Portal Member
June 22, 2011
MediaPortal Version: 1.2 R
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: 7 w sp1

This seems simple: when I go to Play DVD, I get "insert disk".

I don't have problem playing disks in media player, or vlc.

I cannot see any place I can specify the dvd drive.

Nothing like clonedrive or virtual drive installed.

superfreek

February 9, 2010
I am getting the same "insert disk" i turn on autoplay in MP and it plays fine. if I stop the movie and hit the Play Disc menu button I geth "Insert Disc" Is the Drive not getting mapped correctely to MP. if so how do I select the drive that it needs to read from.

:D

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Exactly the same issue for me as above post. When first inserted, DVD will play fine. But if you stop it and try to restart it, it always says " Please Insert Disc". The only remedy is to eject and re-insert disc.
    Very annoying.

msteen

Portal Member
    March 19, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have exactly the same problem. It first occured in 1.1.3 and I hoped upgrading to 1.2 would help, but it didn`t.
    There is no problem playing the DVD outside Mediaportal.

Hope someone can help with this.

Thanks.
    //Marcus

MadMagpie

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2007
    Home Country
    I am getting the same "insert disk" i turn on autoplay in MP and it plays fine. if I stop the movie and hit the Play Disc menu button I geth "Insert Disc" Is the Drive not getting mapped correctely to MP. if so how do I select the drive that it needs to read from.

:D

I have the same issue, the disk will work when first inserted, play disk doesn't work anymore.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Tried to reproduce with debug mode and failed to have the issue (I do have it on my main htpc). I will see if this has something to do with moving pictures "interfering" ;)

It is needed to know if it is caused by MP or by moving pics, it has to be adressed at the right place. Further logs with the isse (from the watchdog please) will help identifying the problem and can get more dev attention. As soon as I have pinned the issue I can create a mantis issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom