Can't play DVD (1 Viewer)

FerretDave

November 15, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Greetings,
I appear to have the same issue, using MP 1.2.2, I have both 'video' and 'play disc' enabled in the config.

When I insert a DVD (into either drive, I have two), I am prompted that a DVD has been inserted, and do I want to play it - the DVD plays ok at that point.

When I stop the playback, and select 'play disc' from the top level menu, I'm informed I need to 'insert a disc'.

Ejecting and re-inserting it works just fine, its just the 'play disc' option that doesnt...

Suggestions on a solution much appreciated!

Cheers
Dave

kik

February 15, 2012
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Hello,

I had the same issue on my system and came across this post looking for a solution.
Not finding the solution here, I tried several things and actually now DVD's play fine even on resuming playback with disk already inserted. Here is the trick:
In Media portal configuration, "Videos" > "Video Folders" section, add your DVD/CD drive letter to the list (or checking the option: "Automatically add optical disk drives" should work as well).
That's it!

Regards,
kik

FerretDave

November 15, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Greetings,
Sorry for very slow response here too - I also managed to 'fix 'this by using the 'automatically add optical drives' option. Does seem a bit odd that that is needed though. The 'Play Disc' option shouldn't be dependant on drive letters being visible under the videos folder...

I've added logs below showing initially a working setup, and then the same process with that option disabled. I get prompted to play the disk when its inserted in either case, but it only actually plays anything if the option is turned on.

Hope this helps fix it.
Cheers
Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom