Can't play recorded programs (1 Viewer)

Johncmug

Portal Member
November 23, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
A week or so ago I suddenly couldn't play recorded programs. I go to the recordings, select them to play it flashes and then back to the Recordings list. I am also (out of the blue ) having issues viewing live TV. Not sure if they are connected but for now, I'm trying to get the recordings to work.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

Thanks for the log files (y)
    They show that MP is receiving an error/abort message from the playback engine almost immediately after trying to start playback:
    [2017-05-04 20:23:04,857] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - TSReaderPlayer: event:ErrorAbort param1:-2004353023 param2:0 param1:0x88880001 param2:0x0

Unfortunately the error/abort message doesn't specify what's wrong or exactly where it's coming from. All I'm able to say is that it comes from one of the playback engine components (video renderer, audio renderer, codecs, splitter). With that in mind, I checked the splitter (TsReader) and video renderer log files. They don't seem to be the source of the error. Therefore I suspect the cause may be one of the LAV codecs.

Please attach screenshots showing your LAV video and LAV audio configuration.

Johncmug

Portal Member
    November 23, 2015
    Home Country
    Yes, it seems to abort as soon as it displays the first frame of video. Attached are the LAV video/audio configurations... Thank you for your assistance!!

Attachments

• LAVAudio.jpg
      LAVAudio.jpg
      115.7 KB
    • LAVVideo.jpg
      LAVVideo.jpg
      136.7 KB
    • TVCodecs.jpg
      TVCodecs.jpg
      105.2 KB
    • VideoCodecs.jpg
      VideoCodecs.jpg
      173.2 KB
    • VideoRenderer.jpg
      VideoRenderer.jpg
      149.8 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Johncmug

Portal Member
    November 23, 2015
    Home Country
    Excellent, I hope that's it! I've been using both together for a while... but who knows, maybe Avast just provided an update.

Pretty sure I actually read through the beginning of that thread but didn't read through to the resolution. Shame on me! I'll give it a shot tonight and report back. Thanks again!

Johncmug

Portal Member
    November 23, 2015
    Home Country
    I uninstalled Avast and installed Avira. Rebooted and tried playing recordings. No luck. However, in the initial post, I mentioned I had two problems... can't play recordings and live TV no longer works. Uninstalling Avast fixed live TV... except there was no audio. I closed mediaportal and opened up an mp3 on the pc and there was no Audio. I went to my audio settings and noticed there are now 4 devices name 'TOSHIBA-TV', Intel(R) Display Audio. I tested the default and nothing. I tested the other 3 and they worked. I disabled all but one and made one of the devices my default. Eureka!!! I opened Mediaportal and tried live TV... Success! Video and Audio. I tried recordings and it worked as well.

Thanks so much for your help! Not sure how I got 4 Audio devices... probably some sort of automatic update.

Attachments

• Audio.jpg
      Audio.jpg
      64.3 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sounds like a combination of problems there - Avast + the audio thing.
    Thanks for reporting your solution. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom