Habanero

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    MediaPortal Version: 1.2.3

Description
    I have reported this problem before, but never got a solution. It seems I am the only one with this problem.
    The error comes from the clients when trying to use TV. The client on the TV server works with no problem. I have both v. 1.2.2.0 and 1.2.3.0 clients - same problem.
    The problem comes suddenly and persiste typically for 3-4 days and then suddenly everything works perfect for weeks.
    Sometimes the error says stream 2.0 and at other times stream 2.1.
    I have tried to change networkadaptor, I have run a repair of the TV server database and booted a million times - nothing helps.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Can't reproduce the problem. But it has happend many times and stays as explained for days each time.

radical

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Got an similar issue.
    After reboot or resume i also get an "can't play stream 2.0" message on client. Preview in TV-Server-Config works fine.
    For me it is reproducible.

Workaround: kill and restart TV-Service after reboot or resume.

Habanero

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Forgot to mention: Have also tried to kill the TVService and restart it. Does not solve my problem.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The unable to play stream 2.0 simply means there was an issue trying to use TV card 2. There are a million and one issues this could happen but the error in itself does not mean people have the same issue.

In the OPs case, you have TV errors
    Code:
    En eksisterende forbindelse blev tvangsafbrudt af en ekstern vært
    Code:
    En socket-handling blev forsøgt til en vært, der ikke kunne nås 192.168.2.16:31456
    There are also network errors in your system event log
    Code:
    16-03-2012 22:23:24;"Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client";"(0)";"Warning";"Der opstod en timeout for navnefortolkningen for navnet www.msftncsi.comda ingen af de konfigurerede DNS-servere svarede.";"1014"

How if your network setup? Do you have any firewalls installed? Does this problem only occur after resume from standby? (have a search for loopback adaptor)

Habanero

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    The error from 16-03-2012 is probably because I changed netadaptor - I had a few issues with DHCP. Should be ok now.
    The two other errors I do not know what means.

My network setup: Netgear N900 router, Netgear N900 WIFI stick both using 2.4Ghz band. Only firewall on clients (the Windows built-in thing).

It has nothing to do with resume - I can't make it work, so the TV-server is always running.

The strange thing is that changing the port No in TV server configuration fix's the problem for a periode of time.

Last edited:

Africa67

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    Cinquefrondi
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I have the exact same problem. MediaPortal installed version 1.2.3 on all machines. Sometimes you just close MediaPortal (Client) and restart it and everything goes back to work, other times there is no need to do a reinstall from scratch. After standby no problem continues to operate. Only when you close the program and restart from the error. Pardon the English but is a translation from google.

Africa67

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    Cinquefrondi
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    They return home as soon as I run out of logs and attach them ...

Habanero

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    My problem occured again yesterday after I shut down server and placed it in an other room. (No changes in network - I am using WIFI). When restarting, clients reported stream 3.0 and 2.1 errors. I rebooted several times - both server and clients with no result. Then I changed streaming server port from 2000 to 2001 and everything worked immediatly - as always.

At least I know I can resolve the problem by changing port no. and there are enough numbers left for several years :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom