can't read any video files (1 Viewer)

mrgreth

July 24, 2016
France France
Hi all,
I just installed MP2.. all my MP3 a working fine.
But I can't watch a movie (.avi or .mkv or .mp4)... I tried to install more codecs, but still no difference...

I tried MP1 too, same problem... can't watch a movie.

if you have an idea...

thanks by advance

FiftyFour##

Portal Member
July 31, 2016
Australia Australia
Country flag
Hi,

I have the same issue. My TV, Recordings, Music and photos play, but my MP4 videos do not play. I submitted my logs, but I haven't heard back yet.
Did you fix it? If so, how?

Last edited:

ge2301

MP2 Design
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    The worst thing you can do is to install codec packages, usually they mess up everything.
    MP2 has all codes included you need to play videos. I'd recommend to deinstall all codecs, perhaps also with a regcleaner.
    After that make a clean installation of MP2.

FiftyFour##

Portal Member
    July 31, 2016
    Australia Australia
    Country flag
    Hi,
    Thanks for your quick response. I haven't installed any codecs, although the app Windows DVD Player came pre-installed on my machine Lennie. I should have said that on my HTPC AKA 'Home' device, I can play my video files, which also has the Windows DVD player app. The Windows DVD Player can allows me to play my movies although its not as slick as MP2 Client it will do.

FiftyFour##

Portal Member
    July 31, 2016
    Australia Australia
    Country flag
    Sorry ge2301,
    You are correct. I found in Settings/Players/Codecs/Video Codecs/MPEG4 Codecs that I have 4 codecs on Lennie. The LAV codec for MP2, a Microsoft Codec for the Windows DVD player and 2 MainConcept codecs. My guess is that the MainConcept codecs were installed by Adobe Premiere Elements. I won't be removing Adobe Premiere Elements, but I appreciate your help.

Hi mrgreth,
    If you follow the path above you may find codecs that are conflicting with MP2 LAV codec. I can confirm the LAV codec does not conflict with the Microsoft Codec used by the Windows DVD player app, because on another laptop the MP2 Client is working perfectly!!

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hi.
    In your other post I've answered already, but here I read you are using Premiere. Premiere don't need Mainconcept Codec to work.

As a test you can do the following:
    Open a Command prompt and type this line:

C:\Windows\system32\regsvr32.exe -u "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 11\32\mc_dec_mp2v_ds.ax"

and press "enter". Maybe you need to change the path to your needs

and then:

rename "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 11\32\mc_dec_mp2v_ds.ax" "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 11\32\mc_dec_mp2v_ds.ax.bak"

and press enter again. This should disable the mainconcept codec without uninstalling Premiere.

If you want the codec back you have to rename the file back to it's original name and register it again. This is achieved with the same line like the first one above but without the -u after regsvr32.exe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    J Reading mp4 on Client PC General 0
    S MP restarts after 10-30 sec - how to read error logs General Support 1
    g0rsq Info box randomly popping up when watching TV or other video MediaPortal 2 Newcomers Forum 1
    I Video Playback Stuttering General Support 37
    B some videos jerky Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 0
    B MP 2.2.3 Error playing videos from NAS Submit: Bug Reports 2
    T Kurze Tonaussetzter bei Videos und TV Allgemeines Supportforum 1
    mrmojo666 [Tv Server Plugin ]Direct Show Video Control Plugin 0.0.0.1 for Hauppauge PVR cards MediaPortal 1 Plugins 0
    ajs [Proposal] Video embedded cover MediaPortal 1 1
    G [solved] Black Screen on all videos after upgrading to either 1.23 or 1.24 from 1.22 General Support 4
    H random black screen live tv and videos (amended) General Support 0
    404 [solved] Live TV...video and audio freeze General Support 20
    R kein Ton bei TV, Video, Aufnahme, Musik Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
    U [solved] Dynamic Refresh Rate for 23fps video Watch / Listen Media 1
    J Debug OnlineVideos, How To? OnlineVideos 1
    A MP2.2.2, understanding movies/videos/tv and WTV recordings. General 16
    C Problem playing videos created on IPhone X and Samsung S9 General Support 2
    H [solved] Video database genres, sort titles and collection thumbnails Newcomers Forum 12
    M How to Watch my videos from my Media Portal to My TV without TV Tuner Newcomers Forum 1
    cbr954rr Issue BOOTSUWRNQ with online videos? Plugin Development 1
    A Working server, no video playback on client General 5
    Megane [Configuration] Be more specific in Video Codec Improvement Suggestions 0
    M Online Video Plugin V.2.32 keine Installtion unter MediaPortal 1.22 ? TV / Streaming 3
    C where is the Online Videos plugin General Support 1
    LeeKelly Online Videos Breaks IPTV channels and scanning Installation, configuration support 1