can't read any video files (1 Viewer)

mrgreth

July 24, 2016
Home Country
France France
Hi all,
I just installed MP2.. all my MP3 a working fine.
But I can't watch a movie (.avi or .mkv or .mp4)... I tried to install more codecs, but still no difference...

I tried MP1 too, same problem... can't watch a movie.

if you have an idea...

thanks by advance

FiftyFour##

Portal Member
July 31, 2016
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi,

I have the same issue. My TV, Recordings, Music and photos play, but my MP4 videos do not play. I submitted my logs, but I haven't heard back yet.
Did you fix it? If so, how?

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The worst thing you can do is to install codec packages, usually they mess up everything.
    MP2 has all codes included you need to play videos. I'd recommend to deinstall all codecs, perhaps also with a regcleaner.
    After that make a clean installation of MP2.

FiftyFour##

Portal Member
    July 31, 2016
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,
    Thanks for your quick response. I haven't installed any codecs, although the app Windows DVD Player came pre-installed on my machine Lennie. I should have said that on my HTPC AKA 'Home' device, I can play my video files, which also has the Windows DVD player app. The Windows DVD Player can allows me to play my movies although its not as slick as MP2 Client it will do.

FiftyFour##

Portal Member
    July 31, 2016
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Sorry ge2301,
    You are correct. I found in Settings/Players/Codecs/Video Codecs/MPEG4 Codecs that I have 4 codecs on Lennie. The LAV codec for MP2, a Microsoft Codec for the Windows DVD player and 2 MainConcept codecs. My guess is that the MainConcept codecs were installed by Adobe Premiere Elements. I won't be removing Adobe Premiere Elements, but I appreciate your help.

Hi mrgreth,
    If you follow the path above you may find codecs that are conflicting with MP2 LAV codec. I can confirm the LAV codec does not conflict with the Microsoft Codec used by the Windows DVD player app, because on another laptop the MP2 Client is working perfectly!!

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    In your other post I've answered already, but here I read you are using Premiere. Premiere don't need Mainconcept Codec to work.

As a test you can do the following:
    Open a Command prompt and type this line:

C:\Windows\system32\regsvr32.exe -u "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 11\32\mc_dec_mp2v_ds.ax"

and press "enter". Maybe you need to change the path to your needs

and then:

rename "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 11\32\mc_dec_mp2v_ds.ax" "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 11\32\mc_dec_mp2v_ds.ax.bak"

and press enter again. This should disable the mainconcept codec without uninstalling Premiere.

If you want the codec back you have to rename the file back to it's original name and register it again. This is achieved with the same line like the first one above but without the -u after regsvr32.exe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom