Can't reply to particular thread. (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Heya @high

Something seems to be funky with this thread:
    Pre 1.16: Problem with BD-J and external codec video

When viewing page 3 (current last page) I'm unable to reply to the thread. When I say "unable to reply", I mean that I can't focus the reply text area (clicking inside it seems to do nothing) or click the more options button to get to the full reply page. However, I can reply if I do it from page 1 or 2.

Bit of a weird issue, so please do ask if my description of the problem isn't clear. :)

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi, it's no issue here on my-/test- or your account in Chrome, Edge or FF. Maybe a local glitch, have you tried to clean your browser-cache?
    Check F12 -> Console and hit F5 to reload the page. Do you get any errors?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    it's no issue here on my-/test- or your account in Chrome, Edge or FF.
    Strange. I just tried Chrome and that had no problem. That would suggest a FireFox cache issue, but...

Maybe a local glitch, have you tried to clean your browser-cache?
    ...yes, that's always the first thing I try when encountering such errors. Having said that, I'm suspicious that it hasn't worked correctly in this case. F5 and CTRL + F5 were "laggy".

Check F12 -> Console and hit F5 to reload the page. Do you get any errors?
    Yes, I'm getting some errors:
    upload_2017-2-5_1-7-38.png

...and the page never seems to finish loading (loading icon persists in tab bar) even though the net/network tab in developer tools shows all requests completed.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've tried clearing the cache three times through Firefox options/settings. Still no good. Very strange! As you say though: must be some kind of local issue.

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    errors came from facebooks likebox in footer (external content). Good chance that these block further loading so the editor does not work properly.
    What happens if you retry private browsing mode?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    what happens if you select "Default Style" instaed of MediaPortal Default Style 2017?
    No difference (in the problem).

What Firefox version do you use?
    I'll try updating in a moment.

Firewall/Adblocker?
    No/yes.
    Disabling ad-blocking makes no difference either.

P.S. Please don't spend more time on this than necessary. I'm happy to keep investigating and trying things, but I don't want to waste your time with a problem that's clearly local to my machine (and only affects that thread... at least so far).

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    P.S. Please don't spend more time on this than necessary. I'm happy to keep investigating and trying things, but I don't want to waste your time with a problem that's clearly local to my machine (and only affects that thread... at least so far).
    no problem, it could still be possible that others are too, maybe just don't have noticed or reported it ;) So always better to take these serious, even if it may be a local issue in the end ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom