Cant seem to get ITVHD Channel (UK) (1 Viewer)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, I've had issues with ITV HD. I've just done another scan (DVB-S2) and it finds 2 channels unscrambled. However if I try and preview either of these I get 'No PMT'. I'm pretty sure ITVHD should be available on FreeSat (it's listed on their website).

Is there something I am doing wrong? I've attached logs where I have just scanned with both tuners and then tried to preview those channels.

Thanks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Looks like your tuning details for that channel are incorrect.
    According to KingOfSat, ITV HD is broadcast on the 11097V transponder ("ITV 1 London HD" etc.):
    http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php

Your tune attempts are for 10936V and 10994H. Those are valid transponders, but they don't carry ITV HD. Hence the "no PMT" error (which basically means "channel not found" in this context).

You scanned, but the scan didn't include 11097V. So, there is probably no valid ITV HD channel in your channel list. I suggest you rescan... but make sure you click "update satellite list" before scanning, so that the transponder list is up to date.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Hi, thanks @mm1352000 that fixed the issue, you'd think after this many years I'd of tried that before posting :confused:

All I did was scan and then scan again with channel movement enabled - I had figured it simply moved and that would pick it up. Future I will do the Satellite update prior to scanning. Thanks for your help as always.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for reporting back. Glad to hear the channel is working now. :)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    I guess there is no value in prior to firing off a scan the satellite which has been selected by the user automatically grabs the latest file relevant for that satellite?

I say because to the uninitiated like me, you don't know when you need the new sat details or don't so will only end up updating it prior to every scan anyway? Or is this area within the tve freeze (maybe something for new tve unless it's already there :) )

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I guess there is no value in prior to firing off a scan the satellite which has been selected by the user automatically grabs the latest file relevant for that satellite?
    That's a very reasonable question.

Yes, in most cases the recommendation would be to run an update prior to every scan. I have to admit that I'm a bit biased. The satellite that I have access to is missing certain transponder definitions. I've tried to email FastSatFinder (the MP satellite information provider) and get them to add the definitions, but they seem to have a limitation in their database/system which prevents them from adding the missing definitions. So, I have to manually edit the transponder list file. If automatic updates were implemented then my modifications would be overwritten and I'd have to manually scan the missing transponders. Quite a pain... but then I guess I'm in the minority, and we should make decisions based on benefits for the majority.

Or is this area within the tve freeze (maybe something for new tve unless it's already there )
    No, it isn't already there... and yes, it is affected by the code freeze. As it happens, I was looking at this part of TVE 3.5 today. I'll consider what we can do. We'd need to balance the convenience against the limits of our server(s)/hosting and the length of time it takes to update the transponder lists (which off the top of my head is something like 60 seconds, depending on internet connection bandwidth).

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Ah OK I thought you (MePo Team) were maintaining these files somewhere, not grabbing from a 3rd party.

Is there no versioning, date/time stamp or filesize comparison that could limit bandwidth by only grabbing a file if it is needed? I'm sure I remember when doing the update it grabs all satellites (when my scan is only on one) which is also additional overhead. Regarding user changes, maybe allow the user to also create a file which they can load with additions and merge them when scanning?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom