Can't select the found TV-cards to tune channels (1 Viewer)

The Mixer

Portal Member
July 6, 2008
I wanted to play around with mediaportal on my laptop, so I installed it on it and copy the (working) installation I'm using on my mediacenter onto the laptop, so I would have the same config on both, what I just didn't thought about, was that mediaportal on my laptop connected to the mediacenter and made the changed the config on that, instead of just changed it on the laptop (yeah, I kicked myself really hard, when I discovered what I had done :D ).

But when I wanted to get mediacenter running on my mediacenter, I got a problem, the TV-server can see both the TV-cards I have in it, but I can't select the cards, so I can tune channels again.
As it can be seen on the attached picture, TV-server can see both cards, but I can't select them, so I can tune channels again.

Does anyone know what I have to do, to be able to tune channels again?

I've tried to restart the TVService several times, remove and install TV-server, reboot every time I changed something in the confing, but haven't got much success with it.

I've also attached the TV log, but as far as I can see in it, all is running just fine.

Don't know, if it's a part of the problem, but Mediaportal is running on Vista Home Premium 32 bit (was running fine, before I made that stupid mistake).

Hope somebody can help me getting it running again :D

Attachments

• TVServer.jpg
    TVServer.jpg
    33.7 KB

The Mixer

Portal Member
July 6, 2008
Yeesss I hit the jackpot :D

I can now search for channels again, but I had to put some work into getting it working.

If anyone should be in the same situation as I was in, heres how I got access to search for channels again.
I comply removed Mediaportal and M$ SQL-server, installed RC1 (MediaPortal_Setup_1.0_RC1_Refesh) (a reinstall of RC2 didn't change anything) and it installed the SQL-server again - now I could scan for channels again (for to be on the safe side, I scanned for channels, just in case RC2 still wasn't able to scan and exported them to an XML file).
Then I tried to install RC2, the first couple of times, the installer crashed when it was installing TVServer, but finally it install it successfully - after RC2 was installed. I got another problem, when starting TVSetUp, I always got an "can't create database" error, but that error was more easy to fix, I just had to delete TVServers old database from M$ SQL-server, after that was done, I could start TVSetUp and scan for channels and change the config, to how I wanted it.

All I have to do now, is to change all the settings I've changed in my old installation - if I can remember what I changed ;)

Dingle

Portal Member
April 27, 2008
Thanks! I'll give it a try tomorrow just one thing....how do you "remove M$ SQL-server" and "delete TVServers old database from M$ SQL-server" ? im kinda noob to SQL-server stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom