Can't tune channel without Audio - NoVideoAudioDetected (1 Viewer)

jonaskp

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
TV-Server Version: 1.0.2
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: Server: Vista Business / Client: Vista Basic
CPU Type: Athlon X2 be-2300 / Core2Duo E4400
HDD: Samsung Spinpoint 500GB, WD 500GB Green Power
Memory: 2 GB DDR2
Motherboard:
Video Card: Onboard Nvidia
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: Onboard
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: FloppyDTV
1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card: Terratec Cinergi i2400
2. TV Card Type: DVB-T
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card: FloppyDTV
3. TV Card Type: DVB-C
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Dscaler
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Dscaler
h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC
Satelite/CableTV Provider: TDC Denmark
HTPC Case: Silverstone
Cooling:
Power Supply: TAGAN 480W
Remote: MCE Remote
TV: Samsung PS42Q96 Plasma
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

First off, I have already read all the threads I could find about this error, nothing works. And the strange part is this only happens for one specific channel.

Short story:
I have one channel, that I cannot tune on my FloppyDTV DVB-C. When trying to timeshift in Manual Control, I get the "No Video/Audio Detected". This also happens every other way I try to tune it (MediaPortal, Configuration -> CHannel Preview etc.). I can tune the channel in FireDTV Viewer.

Logs are attached. I cleared the log folder. Then I tried tuning a channel on the same transponder that is working. After this I tuned the Channel that is not working. First channel is tuned at 18:00: (something) and second channel is tuned at 18:02: (something).

I have tried changing the recording/timeshifting folder, but nothing changes.

I think that perhaps it is because there is no audio on the channel. At the moment, there is just a test-picture on the channel, and I don't think there is audio on it.

Any Ideas?

Long(er) story:
The channel I am trying to tune is set up specifically for a soccer match between Sweden - Denmark on June 6th. Nothing else is shown on the channel. Up until the match, there is a testpicture on the channel, so people can confirm that they can recieve it. I don't believe there is sound along with this testpicture. Can this be the reason? If I look in the logs, I am able to find a line that says something about no Audio detected and after this timeshifting stops.

I hope someone can help with this. If the audio problem is indeed the reason, I will contact my provider and inform them that this could be a problem for some people. Perhaps they can send some sort of sound on the channel. Not sure if they'll listen though.
Anyway, MediaPortal shouldn't stop tuning a channel, just because there is no audio, so if its the case I would consider this a bug.
:D

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If there is no video\audio being broadcast, then the codec error is what you get, I have the same here for daytime if I tune BBC3\4 channels which do not broadcast until 7pm.

Need to look at the message given, as totally misleading.

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Nono, There is video on the channel at all times. But I dont think there is audio.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If its a testpicture, chances are MP still will not pick it up, what you can see with say a digital tv is totally different from a pc's tv tuner.

If you tune to that channel on a normal tv, is there any audio, that will tell you if its a problem or not.

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I cant tune on a normal Television since I don't have any with DVB-C tuner and the channel is only digital. I also dont have sound on my server, so I don't know if there is sound if I tune it with FireDT Viewer.

The reason I think there is no audio, is because in the logs I found something about "No audio detected".

And i don't think its an actual testpicture, but I can't be sure. The picture just says something like "This is the channel where the Soccer match Sweden - Denmark will be showed on June 6th".

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I'm sorry if this is spamming, but I'm gonna bump this again. Changed the title to better show what the topic is about.

Also, the reason for the impatience is that I need some sort of clarification before June 6th when the match is played.

I hope someone can shed some light on this issue.

jonesdb

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2008
    Santa Clara, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Did you ever find the cause? I have a similar problem with some cable channels. Audio is not found, so timeshifting stops. Checking with TSReaderLite on those same channels, everything is fine with both video and sound. I also have a Soney DVR that has no problem with these channels. I'm convinced it has something to do with MP TVserver and detection of audio signal.

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    In my case I know that there was no audio on the channel (tested by someone else who could watch the channel).
    And looking at the logs, it looks as if the missing audio is what is causen this.

It is strange to me that MP is not able to tune a channel, just because there is no audio on it. I can understand that it can't tune, without video (after all, what would be the point?), but audion?!?.

Unfortunately I was not home when the match was sent, so I don't know if I was able to tune the channel, after there was audio on the channel.

I would consider this a bug, but noone official has answered yet.

adams79

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 23, 2008
    I've the same problem. I've modified the tvserver service so now i didn't get the no audio/video detected message, but I'm not be able to play the file (tsreader.ax semms not be happy to play file without audio for some reaseon...)

I hope in a fix...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom