Can't tune second tuner on dual card (HVR-2200) (1 Viewer)

aquatic

July 30, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
TV-Server Version: 1.0.2
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
MediaPortal Skin: blue3wide
Windows Version: vista home premium 64
CPU Type: C2D E8500
HDD: Seagate 7200 2.5" 160Gb Sata System, 3.5" Samsung F1 1Tb Sata Media
Memory: 4Gb Gskill PC-6400
Motherboard: Intel DG45ID
Video Card: Onboard GM4500HD
Video Card Driver: latest
Sound Card: Onboard
Sound Card Driver: Latest
1. TV Card: HVR-2200
1. TV Card Type: Dual DVB-T/analogue hybrid
1. TV Card Driver: 7.6.1.27086
h.264 Video Codec: Arcsoft (from WinTV7 bundle)
Remote: Silverstone (haven't tried to get this working yet)
TV: Pioneer 42" plasma
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hi,

BACKGROUND:
I've been lurking here for a while and first tried MP at RC2 level. This has been a fairly part time project. I had 1.0.1 for a while and the problem of it not recognising the HVR-2200 (fixed with a patch).

Now I am on 1.0.2 and things are getting better. I struggled for a long time to get HD tv working (and didn't) with the Arcsoft 2 demo installed. I bought the full version of WinTV7, to check the tv-card was working outside of MP, and it has the Arcsoft H.264 codecs bundled. Now I have HD tv working very nicely, except for one problem.

I've followed the tutorial on setting up hybrid groups etc.

PROBLEM:
When I tune the first DVB-t tuner it collects all the chanels correctly, but then when I go to the second DVB-t tuner and scan it says there is no signal. Occasionally it will pull a few channels of one of the MUX frequencies, but that is temperamental. I get the same issues with the analogue tuners , 1st one is good, 2nd one doesn't tune.

So I can watch all the expected channels and record them OK, but I can't record one channel and watch a second.

Now my recollections are a bit fuzzy but I'm pretty sure both tuners tuned fine under RC2, but I never got the digital channels working because of codec issues so can't be 100% about that.

I'm in the process of playing with WinTV7 to see if I can force it to use both halves of the tuner i.e. record and watch simultaneously but haven't got a result there yet.

- Has anyone had similar issues, or can suggest a fix?
- Is it possible to copy all the channel info over to the second card, then I can try the preview option in the TV-Server Config to test?

Any advice hugely appreciated.

Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom