Can't View DVB-T Channels (1 Viewer)

clevoir

Portal Member
March 13, 2021
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
I am trying to set up the latest version of Mediaportal 2 using Windows 10 Home

I have a TBS 6281 DVB T/T2 card with the latest Windows 10 drivers

All channels are scanned OK, but I can only get an image from HD channels using DVB-T2, for DVB-T channels I get audio only?

Also I can only get over the air EPG listings for DVB_T2 HD channels too.

The card works perfectly with both DVB-T and T2 channels using Windows Media Play under Windows 8.1.

clevoir

Portal Member
March 13, 2021
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Just to confrim all DVB-T and T2 channels are recieved fine in Windows Media Centre, and JRiver Media Center too, so looks like a MP2 issue. I would be grateful for some help, as I am looking to migrate way from WMC.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    All channels are scanned OK, but I can only get an image from HD channels using DVB-T2, for DVB-T channels I get audio only?
    Once upon a time, MP had a team member who was extremely knowledgeable about matters relating to TV and MP's "TV Server". Unfortunately, he retired several years ago, and MP no longer has anyone who knows anything about MP's TV Server.

I have used MP1 for six years, but in that time no one has ever reported the symptoms that you have described, and from my limited knowledge of MP's TV support, I cannot think of any setting or error that might cause that problem. I use DVB-T and DVB-T2 with a TBS 6284 tuner in the UK, and I have never encountered your problem.

Do you have any pay-TV channels? If you need to use a CAM (conditional access module) to access those channels, it is possible that MP cannot operate your particular CAM (my understanding is that every CAM has a different programming interface, and MP supports only some of them).

So, in conclusion I regret to say that I don't think anyone here will be able to help you.
    • If WMC works well, you could continue to use that.
    • If JRiver works well, you could use that (but not free, I think).
    • You could try "NextPvr" to see if that works correctly (free for personal use).
    -- from CyberSimian in the UK

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The TBS 6281 DVB T/T2 is a dual tuner without CAM capability it should work on both DVBT and DVBT2 as it seems it did in WMC according to the OP. I do not see why it should not work with MP, I am using its successor the TBS 6281-SE which works well with both MP1 and MP2 but I only have OTA DVBT2, no DVBT any more.

Which version of MP and Windows are you using?
    It would be interesting to see if it could play DVBT if one tuner was assigned only DVBT while the other had the DVBT2 channels. Can you try and map just a single known good DVBT channel to one tuner and unmap it from the other similar to the screenshots shown below, and then try and play the DVBT channel you selected. Let us know what happens, after the test you can just remap every channel to both tuners, no need to rescan.
    1.jpg 2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom