Can't Watch DVB-T2 Channels (1 Viewer)

NirS

Portal Member
July 22, 2018
Home Country
Israel Israel
I've downloaded and installed MP 1.19, everything seemed to be fairly nice... I scanned the frequencies I wanted: DVB-T (514MHz), DVB-T2 (530MHz).
looked around in the settings to make sure everything looks right and went into MP to start watching TV.

The DVB-T channels show just fine BUT when I try to move to a DVB-T2 channel the image turns black and doesn't change (no audio either) and never changes and starts again.

I tried to go to the LAV filters settings and change it to DXVA2 just in case but it didn't help.

I added the log files. hope you guys can help.

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_22_07_18__15_14.zip
    341.3 KB
Last edited:

Alberto83

Portal Pro
August 7, 2012
Home Country
Italy Italy
Me too, unfortunately there are no dvb-t2 broadcasts in Italy, only T1. :(

Might it be a codec problem? If I recall correctly DVB-T2 broadcasts should use HEVC.

NirS

Portal Member
July 22, 2018
Home Country
Israel Israel
Me too, unfortunately there are no dvb-t2 broadcasts in Italy, only T1. :(

Might it be a codec problem? If I recall correctly DVB-T2 broadcasts should use HEVC.
As far as I know it's correct. It's using hevc which is why I checked lav filters to see if it's set to work with hevc and to make sure I accelerate it.

@Stéphane Lenclud thank you for getting on this!

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Unfortunately I had a (too) quick look in the logs and could not pinpoint the issue.
    Ideally you would want support from @mm1352000 on that one but AFAIK he has been MIA for a while.

Alberto83

Portal Pro
    August 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    @NirS do you have an HEVC mkv to try and see if you get the same result as with the broadcasts?
    It seems more a codec problem than a tuner problem.

Alberto83

Portal Pro
    August 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Then it's definitely something with the TV server, maybe how the TV stream is handled. I wish I could help you more, but sadly there's no dvb-t2 broadcast here. We barely get HD channels in Italy.

When you tune a dvb-t2 channel you should find some files under the corresponding tswriter directory. Do they grow in size over time, even if the channel is shown as black?

If they do, can you try opening one of those ts files with vlc, to see what happens?

This is just out of curiosity.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

NirS

Portal Member
    July 22, 2018
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Then it's definitely something with the TV server, maybe how the TV stream is handled. I wish I could help you more, but sadly there's no dvb-t2 broadcast here. We barely get HD channels in Italy.

When you tune a dvb-t2 channel you should find some files under the corresponding tswriter directory. Do they grow in size over time, even if the channel is shown as black?

If they do, can you try opening one of those ts files with vlc, to see what happens?

This is just out of curiosity.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    I don't like responding before I tried what was suggested because I don't want to double post after I tried as you might miss the next reply...
    But I should mention, the dvb-t2 channels do work with a different software. So it's not a problem with the dvb-t2 dongle or its drivers.

I will try to check on what you said and reply back later.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The following screenshots show my settings for codecs and LAV in MP, these work well for German DVBT2 TV. Given you use an Nvidia GPU you should change from DXVA2 (copy-back) to DXVA2 (native), but other than that it should work.
    3rd Screenshot shows LAV with TV playing.:)

dvbt2-1.jpg dvbt2-2.jpg dvbt2-3.jpg

P.S. If using Madvr renderer try switching to EVR.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom