MEGA

hope this will help move things forward

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can play it just fine on VLC if that's what you mean... got video got sounds...
    Plays on VLC for me also but not on MP 1.20 (Recorded TV and Videos, though there is more error info. on Videos). Even more interesting it plays on MPC-HC using the same external LAV as MP.o_O

NirS

Portal Member
    July 22, 2018
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    as far as I understand it... its not a codec issue, definitely not a hardware issue... and not really a driver issue since it works fine with other software its only a MP issue... nothing else. it has nothing to do with LAV.
    There's something that MP doesn't support.
    it receives the broadcast (I can record it and watch the live ts on any other software) but can't show it on MP.

@Jasmeet_181 suggested that I might be able to do something with the driver to get it to work. He was saying that MP doesn't support MPLP (radio & TV).
    now, even though I do have people in the company who made my tuner, who I can contact to create a new driver for me, I don't see why I should bother them since its really a MP problem after all...

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It's a playback problem with TsReader.ax in MP (the 'splitter' filter used for TV and radio playing) - it can't understand the audio stream format.

It will take a while to investigate/fix this...

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @NirS - OK, I think I've found the problem - please try the attached TsReader.ax (4.2.2.40).

This version plays your test recording OK.

Just unzip it, close Mediaportal, then copy the new TsReader.ax into C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\ (after making a backup copy of the original TsReader.ax that is in there!)

Please let me know if it fixes the problem for you.

Attachments

• TsReader_4.2.2.40.zip
      317.4 KB
    Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hopefully @NirS will report back but I have tried the new TsReader with the sample he posted. It does play in Videos but not in the active window, see attached screenshot, that blank active window disappears, seemingly permanently, if I click on the playing vid window. I was not able to play the sample at all from Recorded TV.
    vid.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom