Capturecarddefinitions.xml and mytv module (1 Viewer)

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Canberra
Home Country
Is there any hardcoded part of myTv module that references the information in the capturecarddefintions prior to a release (CVS), i have a problem with getting tv to work and win xp x64 which some of you already know about , but i have noticed that in the xml file the moniker information or what ever its called is not correct for my card anymore, i think dvico have changed the name of it for the x64 driver for there latest release. So i have to manually edit the file and correct the slight difference to get it to find the card.
The problem is that i can never get tv to work or even scan the channels
Any ideas or input would be great

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I would recommend posting your modifications here or sending them to DMan to have included in the XML. That way all your work will benefit others and you will also benefit by not having to onstantly change your Def file.

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Yeah, but it is tough to know what to do with the new definition.. I guess create a new entry and append "64-bit" or something.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I thought changes were made a couple of months ago to allow MP to run on Win64.

My understanding of the post was that the poster got it to work, but whenever he applies a new CVS the mods he made to the carddefs xml are overwritten. Surely if this is the case then it's possible to add these mods into the def file permanently?

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No no no - read his original post again.

FYI... we don't support Windows 95, 98, 2000, 2003 Server and XP 64-bit (yet), we also don't support Vista before anyone asks.

MP is tailored around XP 32-bit variants at this time.
    When 64-bit is officially supported it will be listed on the web site.

DMAN

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Canberra
    Home Country
    yeah sorry dman is correct i can't actually get it to work properly yet, changing the bit in the definitions file lets Media portal see the card , and then i dont' get the enable to create graph error, but the problem is i think the moniker information is actually just different for the x64 bit fusion of the drivers so if we did change the fusion dvb-t plus entry it would stuff up everyone else. Just trying to play around with it as i'm still testing it.
    Cause although the fusion software works i can't still manage to get it to work in graphedit.
    But i'm still playing

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom