MP2 - Spring'16 Card type corruption (1 Viewer)

Jim White

July 16, 2016
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I encountered a possible bug in my MP2 set-up which I was able to reproduce - failure to retain card type data.

A few days after my first MP2 install, on top of a much earlier MP1 installation, on opening the Configuration utility, I found that my cards (all USB-connected) had changed "type" parameters:
3,4,5 were "Unknown" instead of previous "Dvb-t" value
6 (my satellite card) was "Dvb-t" instead of "Dvb-s"
I could not find a way to reset these parameters other than to delete (rename) the database file. The database's "cards" table seems to have no "type" parameter, so I couldn't see where the data had been corrupted.

Soon after my second attempt, I had exactly the same error. It occurred to me that the changed card types corresponded to the table in the MP1 setup - there, card id's 3-5 were occupied by older, obsolete entries that were no longer valid while the Dvb-t cards were in places 6-8 (and the satellite card in 9). Could the MP2 Configuration program have somehow read this data from a MP1 folder, or the MP1 service? Maybe a path was not updated when the code was adapted for MP2.

I uninstalled MP1's programs (but not data) and so far have not experienced the same issue. Most users would not notice this on their own systems, as their card ids would be the same in both cases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom