CECRemote [0.9.7] (2 Viewers)

UNOPARATOR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2007
    Istanbul
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey
    If it's the same behavior with pulse-eight tools, it's most likely problem with the libcec (or buggy Philips CEC). You could ask P8 for info, or if you want me to take a look, please add some logs.

Thanks Tuomaa for your offer to look at my logs. This is not happening at my main place, but on my weekend-place. I will be there next on weekend of 1. December. I will then try to create a logfile.
    I assume that I should enable extensive logging in the plugin-configuration and then start MP and press the info-key once. It will then loop with detecting info-pushes, until I press another key.
    I think it would be best that you should disable all other MP plugins to reduce unnecessary extensive logging increasing the logs. ;)

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    latest version doesn't appear to want to install. goes through the motions but the plugin isn't there. noticed that the install xml has a reference to s:\work\ in the install path... does 0.9.3 install for anyone else?

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    latest version doesn't appear to want to install. goes through the motions but the plugin isn't there. noticed that the install xml has a reference to s:\work\ in the install path... does 0.9.3 install for anyone else?

No problem here

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is someone able to upload the 0.9.3 files in the correct directory structure so that I can copy them across as I cannot install it at all on my HTPC, the files are not there...

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ok so I had to resintall my client to make it all work fine :)

Does anyone know whether the info button is passed for a Samsung TV, PS51E550 using remote aa59-00581a.

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Is it possible to power the HTPC on with this CECremote or is this only good for S states?
    Well Power OFF is S-state 5 ? Basically wake up is supported for all states that motherboard accepts wake from usb and the usb port is still powered. I think most motherboards support wake from S-states 4-1, but it's possible that some support also S5.
    And just to clarify, wake-on-usb is a feature of the adapters firmware (versions 3 and above).[DOUBLEPOST=1386612129][/DOUBLEPOST]

That path is just reference for the MPEmaker, it's not used by the installer.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    That path is just reference for the MPEmaker, it's not used by the installer.
    That's cool, had to reinstall Windows to make it all work fine in the end... Had a screwed up Active Directory connection from it.

How can I see what buttons/codes are being sent without installing the pulse-eight stuff as I know that it intereferes with this plugin. The key button for me in the 'info' button but it doesn't get recognised and therefore I still need two remotes.

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    How can I see what buttons/codes are being sent without installing the pulse-eight stuff as I know that it intereferes with this plugin. The key button for me in the 'info' button but it doesn't get recognised and therefore I still need two remotes.

Unmapped buttons show up in the log (info level) like this: "CecRemote: Received unmapped button with code: xxx".
    If there is codes 310 or 311, those should be ignored, they are just unmapped virtual buttons triggered by source changes.

brunoh

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2004
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I have a Philips 40PFl5537K and it mostly works fine.

The only problem I currently have is, that the info button is always repeating like in a loop. I have to press another button to stop this.
    The same also happens when I test with cec-client.exe

Another (newer) Philips-TV from 2013 does not have this problem.
    So, I assume that it is not a problem of the plugin but probably something related to the TV.

Does anybody have the same problem or does know a workaround?

Thanks

Bruno

If it's the same behavior with pulse-eight tools, it's most likely problem with the libcec (or buggy Philips CEC). You could ask P8 for info, or if you want me to take a look, please add some logs.

Sorry, that it took so long with providing the log. I had to send in the TV because of a problem with my CI-Card. But now it is back and I did produce a logfile.
    I did go straight to TV and while on the fullscreen-TV i pressed the info-button once, and then it looped like pressing the info-button several times.
    I think this is in the log at around 18:11:20.

For my use I have configured the yellow-button to do the same as the info-button, so I can work with that setting, but for others using the remote, this is quite strange. If there would be a solution on the plugin-side or a tip what I could else, this would be very good.

Thanks

Bruno

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom