CECRemote [0.9.7] (3 Viewers)

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    cecremote plugin 0.97 doesn't work with mp 1.16.0 release.
    I can't confirm this.
    Here the plugin works in the same way as it did with 1.15 and 1.16pre.
    Do you have a special case that doesn't work or does it not work at all?
    I have some trouble with reconnecting after the usage of my new Cromecast. (I have not managed to send logs for the issue so far)
    But the rest is working fine.

tklon

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thank you for your feedback. when i go to plugins in mp config tool it says "plugin corrupted oder not compatible". the "cec-tray" program from the libcec closes right after start. i tried libcec 2.20, 3.00 and 4.02. so there seems to be a problem already. i have windows 10 64-bit creators update installed (windows version 1703 build 15063.138). Do you use the same windows version?

Last edited:

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thank you for your feedback. when i go to plugins in mp config tool it says "plugin corrupted oder not compatible". the "cec-tray" program from the libcec closes right after start. i tried libcec 2.20, 3.00 and 4.02. so there seems to be a problem already. i have windows 10 64-bit creators update installed (windows version 1703 build 15063.138). Do you use the same windows version?
    Has it ever worked for you with older versions of MP?

tklon

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yes, i installed the adapter about 2 years ago. some months ago switching the htpc on, when changing the input source on tv, stopped working. I couldn't get that to work anymore, but the remote worked still in mp. would be nice if someone could confirm that the adapter works with windows 10 creators update. perhaps the adapter is broken.

Last edited:

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    some months ago switching the htpc on, when changing the input source on tv, stopped working.
    As far as I know the plugin has nothing to do with the wakeup of the computer.
    This could be an issue with the energy saving settings of windows or the computers bios. Have you changes anything there? The USB port where the adapter is connected to, has to have the capability to wakeup the computer.

tklon

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i will install the adapter on another computer to see if there is a problem with the apapter or with my htpc.
    yesterday i tried to switch the htpc on and it worked again. :confused:

tklon

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    long ago ;-)
    i installed the cec remote plugin version 0.95 and it works. when i update to 0.96 or 0.97 mp config reports an error, that these versions of the plugin are not compatible. an idea is, that perhaps a msvc*.dll is missing. does 0.95 need other msvc dlls than 0.96 and 0.97?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can also confirm that 0.97 works with Win 10 x64 (1703) and that the libcec program ver. 3.00 runs untill I close it.
    Just a couple of thoughts:-
    Which firmware version are you running for the adaptor and can you update or reinstall OK?
    What about vcredist, you may need both x64 and x86.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom