CECRemote [0.9.7] (3 Viewers)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My htpc powers on every night at 1 o‘clock since i attached the usb cec Adapter from Pulse-Eight if I remove it it stays off. Any ideas?

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My htpc powers on every night at 1 o‘clock since i attached the usb cec Adapter from Pulse-Eight if I remove it it stays off. Any ideas?
    Weird! I guess the TV could wake up CEC devices over the HDMI bus but I'm not sure why it would do that daily at a scheduled time. You could head to the Pulse-Eight GitHub project and ask or look if anyone has had such an issue before. Your TV model and list of the devices on your HDMI bus and logs could help diagnose the problem.

To be fair I doubt it's a CEC issue. More likely another Windows 10 quirk. Do double check that's not happening without the device. You can also try and get the reason for which Windows woke up. It should point to your USB device if it's indeed responsible. If that's indeed the case you can revoke that USB device the ability to wake your PC.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

the windows event manager just says unknown reason. But it only happens if the USB of the pulseeight adapter is connected.

The TV is a Samsung series 6.

Greets,
    Stefan

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    My htpc powers on every night at 1 o‘clock since i attached the usb cec Adapter from Pulse-Eight if I remove it it stays off.
    Weird! I guess the TV could wake up CEC devices over the HDMI bus but I'm not sure why it would do that daily at a scheduled time.
    My Sony smart TV powers up overnight. I think that it does this to check the Sony website to see if there is a new firmware to download.

I discovered this because I had connected the ethernet port of the TV to the ethernet port on my HTPC, with "wake on connection" enabled. I wanted to be able to switch on the TV, and have that trigger the HTPC to wake. That worked :eek:, but I did not want the HTPC waking up unnecessarily overnight, so in the end I chose a different solution. I suspect that the screen stays off when the TV powers up in this fashion.

I don't know anything about CEC, but perhaps there is some similarity in behaviour in this scenario.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes that might be the case. So the TV powers up - but the display stays off. Than the PC powers on cause the tv powers on. Than the PC tells the TV to switch to HDMI1 and power the display on. *LOL* no idea how to come out of this.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes but i don't want that. The PC should get awoken by the TV but please not by a nightly update check or something like that.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes but i don't want that. The PC should get awoken by the TV but please not by a nightly update check or something like that.
    Up to you to choose the lesser evil. Still it would be interesting to find out if that fixes it. At least it would confirm this is the issue.
    From there you could try to convince a developer to make a custom CEC library build to workaround your problem.

Jean-Marc

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Since the last post about this topic is quite old, I would like to know if this CEC plugin is still working with the last release of MePo ?

Pulse8 website says:
    "Many applications already have libCEC built in and you do not need to do anything, if you are running windows, you may need to install the device driver, this is included in the libCEC package."
    Question: has CEC plugin libCEC included? If I need to install the device driver ONLY, how is it possible to "extract" it from the libCEC package (as this package is an .exe file)? Or I can install the whole package?
    Many thanks for your help (I ordered today the cec adapter)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom