CECRemote [0.9.7] (4 Viewers)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Since the last post about this topic is quite old, I would like to know if this CEC plugin is still working with the last release of MePo ?
    Yes, all good with MP 1.18 and also with 1.19pre. (Win 10 1709).:)
    Question: has CEC plugin libCEC included? If I need to install the device driver ONLY, how is it possible to "extract" it from the libCEC package (as this package is an .exe file)? Or I can install the whole package?
    The CEC plugin does not include libCEC, from memory of a long time ago I do believe there is an option to just install the Pulse 8 driver (or you only need to install the firmware maybe:unsure:) but I have the whole thing installed, although other than for initial tryout I have never used the app.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The CEC plugin does not include libCEC, from memory of a long time ago I do believe there is an option to just install the Pulse 8 driver
    I think it does include the libCEC. @Tuomaa has included a modifed version that contains adjustments for Mediaportal.
    If I remember right you only have to install the driver and the plugin.

Another thing: After a long time I have visited the pluse-eight homepage. I have seen that there is v7 of the firmware.
    Has anybody tried if this version works with the plugin? Has anybody found a changelog of the firmware?

Third thing: libCEC 4.0.2: @Tuomaa: Do you thing it is worth to upgrade the plugin with the new libCEC?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Question: has CEC plugin libCEC included? If I need to install the device driver ONLY, how is it possible to "extract" it from the libCEC package (as this package is an .exe file)? Or I can install the whole package?
    To clarify, it is not necessary to install the complete libCEC 4.0.2 download you can uncheck everything except the driver, see attached screenshot. As per the post by @megahorst the plugin does include libCEC but of course you do need to run the download to get the latest driver.
    cec.jpg

Last edited:

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    @joecrow
    yo ucan easily try to use the last version of libcec.
    you must replace files inside C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process\LibCecSharp
    but don't forget to backup existing files.

Attachments

• LibCecSharp4.0.2.zip
      164.4 KB

Jean-Marc

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    A big thanks to all of you for your answers, it's clear now: I run the libCEC 4.0.2 package and, at the very beginning I can select what I install. In this case just the driver. My doubt was that I had not understood where to find the driver!
    Another thing: I tried to download the CEC remote pluging with the MePo extension tool: it returns "404 can't locate the installer package"...

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A big thanks to all of you for your answers, it's clear now: I run the libCEC 4.0.2 package and, at the very beginning I can select what I install. In this case just the driver. My doubt was that I had not understood where to find the driver!
    Another thing: I tried to download the CEC remote pluging with the MePo extension tool: it returns "404 can't locate the installer package"...
    At least here you can find it
    CECRemote [0.9.7]

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, someone needs to fix that;) but you can also get it here, see attached screenshot.:)
    cec.jpg

Jean-Marc

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks again!
    I got the information that my pulse8 order left the company yesterday and soon I will be able to test it....and maybe ask you more!..

Jean-Marc

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    I received the pulse8 adapter today and I am playing with it, trying to understand the CEC plugin.
    I didn't test everything (all keys seem to work well) but the problem I have is that when I map the function "previous item" to any key of the remote (I tried various) it doesn't work, it goes to the main menu (home).
    I have a Samsung tv and the titan extended 2 skin.
    I thank you in advance for your help, because the "previous item" is really necessary!

Jean-Marc

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Sorry, it works with "previous menu", this is what I need.
    Do you know if it is possible to map the Samsung home key (the one with a house design on it)? Because when I press it, it shows the home menu of the tv, I would like it shows the home menu of MePo! Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom