CECRemote [0.9.7] (5 Viewers)

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
September 21, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
Yep - I am running Onkyo 606 and Phillips 5507 - had similar issues with losing connecton - solved by switching "connected to" from Receiver -> TV. Think i'm running as playback device

Could you post a log covering the input switching for reference?

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do you both have the same problems with the official libcec-tray from P8?
    I have not managed to install the libcec tray tool. I always get error messages when starting it. It always complains about microsoft dlls.

But:
    I have a workaround now. I have connected the htpc to the second hdmi-port of my tv-set, not to my amp anymore.
    Now everything works fine. Switching sources from htpc to TV internal receiver and back works fine.

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Yep - I am running Onkyo 606 and Phillips 5507 - had similar issues with losing connecton - solved by switching "connected to" from Receiver -> TV. Think i'm running as playback device

Could you post a log covering the input switching for reference?

Sorry for late reply - Have been quite busy doing other stuff.......

Here is my Onkyo/Phillips setup:
    -TV Phillips PFL5007- No configuration done
    -Receiver Onkyo 606 - Control, PwrControl & TvControl all Enabled
    -PC:
    Running Libcec 2.1.3.1 -
    Libtray: HDMI Port 1, Device Type: Recorder
    Mediaportal config: Connect to: TV - Device Type: Playback Device

If I recall correctly, I had issues because CECRemote by default was set to "Recording device" - Had some problems with either sending Pc to standby or resume from standby. Changing device type to Playback device solved this :0)

Log file is from CECtray - don't know if its useable. (Sorry - seem to have added same logfile 4 times:-S )

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Log file is from CECtray - don't know if its useable. (Sorry - seem to have added same logfile 4 times:-S )

Thanks. The adapter seems to get physical address of 1.0.0.0, so it behaves like it was connected directly to the TV, seems OK if it works that way...

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks. The adapter seems to get physical address of 1.0.0.0, so it behaves like it was connected directly to the TV, seems OK if it works that way...
    Does changing the mode type from recorder to playback to make it work with the audio device change the buttons in use? I know that if I change the type for my samsung TV it changes what buttons are available to the CEC link.

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Does changing the mode type from recorder to playback to make it work with the audio device change the buttons in use? I know that if I change the type for my samsung TV it changes what buttons are available to the CEC link.
    It's possible. Some TVs have different amount of buttons available for different device types. Usually "recording device" is the best option, but some TVs work better with "playback device".

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Recompiled CECRemote 0.9.4 for MediaPortal 1.7.0 pre release:

* .NET 4
    * better resume/sleep/away-mode handling thanks to MP fixes

Attachments

• CecRemote-0-9-4-1_for_MediaPortal_1_7_pre.zip
      404.2 KB

brunoh

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2004
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I would need someone with a looping Philips TV to test possible solutions. Is there somebody available?

@brunoh
    Last weekend I was again at my second home with the looping info-button (Philips TV). Just for a test I did press the info-button and it did nolonger loop. This was a real surprise. But then the info-button did nolonger work until I pressed another button.

As I realized that something changed, I came back to this thread and found that I missed this post. I am realy sorry about that.

In case I can still help, I am available. The problem is, that it sometimes takes a long time, before I am with this TV again. Next time I will be there will be on 15. march.

Anyway, thanks for that fix. It is much better then before.

Bruno

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Tuomaa

Question if I may. When I use the smart functions of my TV (Samsung 51PSe550) it disconnects the AnyNET+ devices as expected (HDMI-CEC) however, this doesn't pause any live streams that may be going at the time and enable the system idle sleep command unlike pressing the power button. Is this a consequence of disconnecting the CEC link so the plugin doesn't know, or has it not been coded that a disconnection from the CEC link bar turning the TV power on/off does anything? I haven't found any option that replicates the power off so wanted to check first.

Chris

Tuomaa

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    ...But then the info-button did nolonger work until I pressed another button...
    OK. Unfortunately it seems then that the TV doesn't send key release information correctly for the info button. So the options are either infinite looping (ignore key release) or the current work around (wait for key release).[DOUBLEPOST=1395490708][/DOUBLEPOST]
    @Tuomaa

Question if I may. When I use the smart functions of my TV (Samsung 51PSe550) it disconnects the AnyNET+ devices as expected (HDMI-CEC) however, this doesn't pause any live streams that may be going at the time and enable the system idle sleep command unlike pressing the power button. Is this a consequence of disconnecting the CEC link so the plugin doesn't know, or has it not been coded that a disconnection from the CEC link bar turning the TV power on/off does anything? I haven't found any option that replicates the power off so wanted to check first.

Chris

If connection to CEC link is lost, the plugin doesn't currently do anything special, it just writes a log message and waits. Does it really kill the CEC though? That would mean that for example AV-receiver is also disconnected. If it just marks the current source as inactive like it should do, that is assignable ("Source deactivated" in the mappings form).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom