Centralised Database causes problem resuming from standby (1 Viewer)

swifty

Portal Pro
January 6, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
TV-Server Version: 1.0RC1 + 11/7 SVN
MediaPortal Version: 1.0RC1 + 11/7 SVN
MediaPortal Skin: Indigo
Windows Version: XP SP3
CPU Type: P4 3.0ghz
Memory: 2GB
Video Card: ATI HD2400Pro
Video Card Driver: Cat 8.5
Sound Card: Realtek
MPEG2 Video Codec: PDVD 8
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec: Ffdshow

Hi All,

I have setup my clients to use a centralised database for music, movies, tv-series etc.. (found it in the wiki) but its causing a problem when resuming from S3 standby - when I resume I get the Visual C++ error 6025 Pure virtual function error.
In the MP logs it shows that 'the network location cannot be found..' so I guess its trying to find the database before the network card has reinitialised.
I have disabled powersaving for the network card on my client but i'm still getting the error, anyone have any thoughts ??

http://mp.pastebin.com/m1ad1a76

Thanks!

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    yeah...don't go into standby...:D But seriously, you may have to do some googling to see if you can delay apps resuming only after services are resumed.

The wiki document on centralised databases is only a suggestion on how to do something but it is not officially supported by the MediaPortal Team. I will add your issues to the top of that wiki if you cannot get it resolved. Please let me know

swifty

Portal Pro
    January 6, 2006
    Home Country
    Thanks Charli,

I get off work early today so will have a play around later on and post an update.. hopefully I can figure something out.

swifty

Portal Pro
    January 6, 2006
    Home Country
    Had another look at this today, seems to be more prominent when My TV Series plugin is enabled as it must use the DB a fair bit.
    But even with that turned off I still got crashes 1 out of 2/3 times when resuming.
    I have disabled the option to turn off the NIC to save power but that hasn't made a difference, also tried setting a static IP just incase it was renewing its lease or whatever.

For the moment I've made a local copy of the DB's on the client and all works well - I have put something together in vb.net to try and keep the DB's in sync but it needs a little more tweaking before its usable.

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    For the moment I've made a local copy of the DB's on the client and all works well - I have put something together in vb.net to try and keep the DB's in sync but it needs a little more tweaking before its usable.

See if you can incorporate into a plugin for MP1...I am sure it will be well recieved within the community. I have been thinking about it for a while but real life commitments have been stopping me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom