Certain channels no longer working on live TV (1 Viewer)

Firemogle

Portal Pro
August 14, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
So after working great for a week or two I have noticed a few channels have stopped tuning, and one channel (AMC) will actually lock the TV server if I try to tune it. The other channel that comes to mind is comedy central and that will throw and error and be responsive again. I have checked the signals from the ceteon diagnostic page and they look good I think around 7dB signal and 39dB SNA. I can also tune these channels with the comcast set top box so I know they are coming in.

So far I have tried rescanning channels and it said it updated some but that didn't change these.

What is the best way to collect logs? Clear and try the channels or just throw the whole shebang in? I will be collecting tonight when I get home.

My computer running the dedicated server has windows 8.1; a 4GB ramdisk for timeshifting and is tuning from a ceton 4way tuner.

Thanks again for any help!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Please throw in all logs. Better to have more info than not enough.
    Specify the channels you want me to look at, the dates/times you attempted to tune them, and the results.

Firemogle

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2010
    Home Country
    Will do. And on a (possibly) related note I have found in the last week or so if I try to "test channels"... the service will crash after some amount of time.

Firemogle

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2010
    Home Country
    Sorry about not updating, I was either busy or forgetting to get the logs.

Turns out comcast changed the channels around on me and the rescan added duplicate channels. ie, I had two comedy centrals where one would work, and one would cause problems. I don't know if the logs are still wanted but I pulled some from the TV server last Saturday, but I think my problem is fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom