Ceton infinitv channel are red not green after initial setup

Discussion in 'General' started by Bert, August 5, 2019.

1. Bert

Bert New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Tried scanning channels and it returns all the channels but their all red and preview show black screen.
    I have Ceton Infinitv 4 and FIOS (now Frontier). Channels work fine with WMC running on W8 but I'm trying to move forward for when that fateful day comes that W8 is no longer supported. This will be my second run at MP over the past couple of years and the result is the same. Thought I would post here before a give it a total fail. Yes I have read a few setup guides but most have holes in thwem in my view and they don't seem too precise in the setup for my configuration. I've tried scanning with a few different configurations with mixed results but the end result for the working scanns is as I have stated above.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. CyberSimian
    • Team MediaPortal

CyberSimian Test Group

Ratings:
    +961 / 3
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    MP cannot handle encrypted channels; only WMC can do that (with its "PlayReady" software, I think). Are the channels that you are trying to receive encrypted?

Unfortunately, the Ceton tuner and similar units from other manufacturers are unique to the USA market, so MP users in other parts of the world have no experience of these tuners and how to set them up. If the MP Wiki does not explain the setup procedure in enough detail, you will (I think) need to wait for an MP user living in the USA and using a cable tuner to notice this thread and contribute his knowledge. Sorry to be so negative.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!