Ceton Infinity 4 disappearing (1 Viewer)

crawfofd

October 2, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Using windows 7 home premium 64bit, MP1.9

I have two problems. (1) ceton infinity 4 pcie card will not return any channels. (2) every time a restart the tv service I loose my ceton card from tv servers. The only way to get the ceton back is to reboot system.

I am new to this forum so if I have posted this wrong please let me know.

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    I use OTA ATSC so I don't have any personal hand to hand combat experience with Ceton/Cable tuner problems. The real expert @mm1352000 is conveniently located in New Zealand, not sure when he will have time to look at your log files, but hopefully he will be around today.

first, you'll need to post (make a zip file) with your TV Server log files to see where you getting into trouble. see the following for log file info
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-and-fill-in-system-specs-for-support.118424/
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/Forum/How_to_post_logs

I did a by date forum search, found this recent article about Ceton problems, maybe this will help get you started
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/ceton-card-frequently-missing-several-tuners.127200/

the search I did for Ceton, gives more forum messages
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/search/1652305/?q=Ceton&o=date

link to wiki with a little info about cable card setup, looks like you need to tweak at least 1 timeout setting to 120 seconds
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...rver_Configuration/02_TV_Servers/7b_Scan_ATSC

Last edited:

crawfofd

October 2, 2014
    Home Country
    Thanks RonD for your response. I have tried everything that you have posted, but I am still not getting all my ceton devices. When I reboot they are their, but when I restart the server they disappear. Also I have not been able to get them to find channels. I will try to post a log file as soon as I figure it out.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome crawfofd! :)

I'll get straight to the point: have you followed the instructions here?
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/cablecard-tuner-support-for-mediaportal-1.112585/

(1) ceton infinity 4 pcie card will not return any channels.
    Sounds like a potential firewall issue... or just not being patient enough.
    From the above walkthrough:
    You should see a message: out-of-band service information. For the few minutes it will appear like nothing is happening... but this is absolutely normal. TV Server is gathering channel information from the CableCARD in the background, and just needs some time to pull it all in.

Once the scan completes you should see a message telling you the number of new and updated channels that TV Server found. If TV Server does not find any new or updated channels that means it is having problems getting information from the CableCARD. This is almost always due to firewall configurate. Ensure TV Server has full access to your network.

(2) every time a restart the tv service I loose my ceton card from tv servers.
    There are known issues with tuner detection, which is why the walkthrough says:
    There is also a new patch available -->here<-- which at time of writing has not been included into any MediaPortal releases. You should install it because it fixes a significant issue. Further, it is compatible with all releases of MediaPortal (including the previous patches) so there's no excuse to not to install it.

If you click through to the patch description you'll see it's intended to resolve exactly the sort of issue you're describing.

Regards,
    mm

crawfofd

October 2, 2014
    Home Country
    Thanks mm1352000 for your response. I have tried numerous times to follow that setup. When I try to do the scan I get this error:
    "out -of-band service information... signal locked. no channels found." then it tells me no radio or tv channels found and scan done!

I also have 2 hdhomerun duals that have no problem scanning. I know th ceton is good because I can access the channels using the ceton diag tool.

I have shut off my virus protection and windows firewall and still no good. If I need to send you a log which one/s.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks mm1352000 for your response. I have tried numerous times to follow that setup. When I try to do the scan I get this error:
    "out -of-band service information... signal locked. no channels found." then it tells me no radio or tv channels found and scan done!
    Okay, well that certainly sounds more like a firewall issue.

If I need to send you a log which one/s.
    All of them.
    Open TV Server configuration.
    Click "open log directory" in the top left corner.
    Zip all the files you find in that folder.
    Post/attach the zip file here.

crawfofd

October 2, 2014
    Home Country
    I did look at the log and it seems like the error is has something to do with UPnP not being able to connect to the remote server.
    Attached are my logs.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks! :)
    I certainly see what you mean in the log files, but nothing stands out as the reason/cause.

Are you 1000% sure you've installed the patch from here correctly?
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...for-mediaportal-1.112585/page-63#post-1056643

(If you installed MP 1.8 or earlier, installed the patch, then upgraded to MP 1.9, you need to reinstall the patch again.)

What type of network do you have - wireless, wired 100 Mb/s, wired 1 Gb/s, powerline?

Has the network been actively used - for example, copying files, streaming TV or video, downloading large amounts of data, RDP/remote access etc. - while you've been trying to get the Ceton tuner working?

Do you use a VPN?

Is this installation of Windows in a virtual machine?

I ask these questions because it really looks like TV Server is not able to establish a reliable connection with the Ceton tuner. Even though the Ceton tuner is directly plugged into a PCIe slot in that PC, it actually presents itself as a network interface. When I've seen similar problems in the past - tuners detecting slowly, or not detected, or detected then lost again, or problems communicating with the tuner... all of which I'm seeing in your log files - it has always been caused by something network related. Firewall or other network security, VPN, high network traffic. Hence all the network related questions.

At this point I really only have two suggestions for you.

First, please can you untick the two checkboxes in the DVB EPG grabber section of TV Server configuration, then restart the TV service. The DVB EPG grabber will attempt to use your tuners continuously to grab EPG but won't ever get any EPG data because it doesn't support ATSC EPG. That's unnecessary power use plus wear and tear on your tuners for zero benefit. In this case I also have a suspicion that the network traffic could be affecting the Ceton tuner.

Second, please make sure that you've installed that patch that I've mentioned several times. It really is important.

In the meantime I'll keep looking at your log files and hope that the answers to the above questions might shed some light on the situation.

Regards,
    mm

crawfofd

October 2, 2014
    Home Country
    mm, I also see what your saying. I have installed the patch multiple times. I believe I am going to do a clean install of windows and start from scratch. It seems like no matter what I do it does not work. I appreciate all your help.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I believe I am going to do a clean install of windows and start from scratch.
    Okay... though to be honest I'm not convinced it will help.

Answers to the other questions I asked would be appreciated. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom