Ceton Infinity 4 disappearing (1 Viewer)

crawfofd

October 2, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Okay mm, you were right doing a clean install of windows 7 and mediaportal did not change anything. Here are the answers to your questions.
Installed patch and mediaportal multiple times.
I have a wired lan 1Gb eithernet, no powerline
No vpn and not a virtual machine.
I am running on a Asus M5A97EVO mb, with 16gb ram, 256gb samsung 840evo ssd.
All software is up to date. I have attached a pic of my TVserver and for some reason MP is not recognizing my ceton.
Could the new release 1.9 be doing this??
I know its not the ceton because it works in windows media center.
I also tried with windows firewall and my virus software disabled.

Attachments

• TVservers.jpg
    TVservers.jpg
    198.2 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Here are the answers to your questions.
    Thanks, but please also answer this question:
    Has the network been actively used - for example, copying files, streaming TV or video, downloading large amounts of data, RDP/remote access etc. - while you've been trying to get the Ceton tuner working?

I have attached a pic of my TVserver and for some reason MP is not recognizing my ceton.
    The fact that the Ceton tuners show there means that TV Server has recognised your Ceton tuner in the past. It just isn't able to detect it at the time. If you close and reopen TV Server configuration then that may have changed.

Could the new release 1.9 be doing this??
    No, there have been no changes in CableCARD tuner support. The TV Server is under code freeze.

Okay. In addition to answering the question about network use, could you please do the following:
    1. Ensure the DVB EPG grabber is disabled as instructed previously: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/ceton-infinity-4-disappearing.127846/#post-1102649
    2. Close all other applications running on the PC, including and especially WMC and any other software that might be using any of your tuners.
    3. Disable and close all firewalls and security software [temporarily].
    4. Restart the TV service:
      1. Open TV Server configuration.
      2. Go to the manual control section.
      3. Click stop service... then start service.
    5. Leave the PC for 15 minutes (important). Please do not restart the computer or TV Server during this time.
    6. Post fresh TV Server log files.
    The purpose of this test is to check whether TV Server manages to detect the tuners properly when other software is not active. The reason for waiting 15 minutes is that every 10 minutes or so your tuner is meant to send out a bunch of messages saying "hello I'm here!". I want to see if TV Server gets those messages.

Regards,
    mm

crawfofd

October 2, 2014
    Home Country
    okay, I finally got the system to load ceton device and scan the channels. Here is what I had to do. From a fresh install of windows 7 loaded all the updated drivers. Did not load virus software. Installed ceton drivers/software. Did not do anything with windows media center. Under TV server updated each ceton tuner with cam enabled and 1 device did not change anything else and saved. When I left the TV server area the ceton tuners disappeared. Downloaded MP1.9 and installed. Opened TV server and shut down server. Put the patch into MP1.9 for cablecard. Restarted TV server. On restart the ceton tuners returned. Did a channel scan on the first tuner. And behold it found 536 channels. I think what was going on is either the virus software or wmc had control of the tuners. Don't know. Anyway my next question is, do I scan all the tuners??

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    okay, I finally got the system to load ceton device and scan the channels.
    Great! :)

I think what was going on is either the virus software or wmc had control of the tuners.
    Yeah, I'd tend to agree.

Anyway my next question is, do I scan all the tuners??
    No, that is unnecessary.
    Please follow the instructions:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/cablecard-tuner-support-for-mediaportal-1.112585/

In order to ensure that TV Server knows it can use all of your tuners, you'll need to link your channels to each tuner. This is done in the "TV Mapping" sub-section under "TV Channels":
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...Server_Configuration/03_TV_Channels/2_Mapping
    1. Select a CableCARD tuner up the top.
    2. Select the first channel on the left, then press [shift] + [end] to select all channels.
    3. Click ">" to link the channels to the tuner.
    4. Repeat 1..3 for your other CableCard tuners.

crawfofd

October 2, 2014
    Home Country
    I'll be honest with you mm. I was trying to setup jriver media center to use that, but it was really getting hard. I really don't know if this program is any easier. Now I have to try to set up the guide download. Seems like there really needs to be some easier way to do this.

Anyway thanks for all your help. You've been great.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom