Chance to connect an old Client (10th AE) to a new Server? (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I'm trying hard but without success to connect a client running on very old hardware to my "regular" Server. The bedroom PC (AMD Duron 140, 4GB RAM, NVidia GT8600, Win7, CRT TV) is not DX11 capable and for this more recent clients are not working on it. So I try to use 10th AE, that runs fine on this hardware. But it refuses to find the server (second last Weekly build) and for this is is pretty useless...
    Is there a way to get this working?

Upgrade of the hardware is no option. I need the NVidia GT8600 as it has "TV out", something more modern gfx cards did not have any longer... To upgrade I also need to change the TV, not only the PC. And this is way out of scope atm...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Why are you writing about DX11? It is not yet included in any official builds, as the D2D/DX11 switch is not yet finished.

All releases are still on DX9

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry, I thought it was. :oops::confused::oops:

So it is something else as the newer releases are not working on this old hardware... The Summer 15 release (or newer) needs around 5 minutes to start the client software but finds the server. It takes more than a minute for each mouse or remote button press to react. 10Ae is working normal on this system but did not find the server. 10th AE is not as fluid as on my i5 (no surprise ;) ) but usable. Without the server the client did not make much sense at all...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmm, strange. Can you provide log files with "ALL" level? I'd like to check this...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Astonishing.. :confused: Now without any further action the 10AE has connected to the server. But this did not help at all... Only thing I could see was "This View could not be created"...
    Attached are the logs for this version. I now will install the Weekly used for the Server and the main client and will add logs here too... But this may take a while...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But this did not help at all... Only thing I could see was "This View could not be created"...
    This is due to breaking changes in the UPnP service names, IIRC. So they will not be compatible.

For which version 10AE or Recent versions?
    Can you create one with the recent version? The loading times you have described are far away from anything "normal". Can you also open the Windows Performance Monitor and keep an eye on the I/O, CPU and memory? Also add a screenshot of it with the logs.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe it is due to the BlueVision problems described in the other thread. :)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Can you create one with the recent version?
    Attached. This time it looks as if the loading times a bit better now, but nevertheless far away from being usable. Covered by the logs is a try to playback a series episode. Also I finally could navigate to it and start playback it was not really playing. More a slide show than a video. After stooping playback I only tried to reach the system state menu and shut down the PC. The whole procedure (start MP2, navigate to a series Episode, play a few seconds of video, shut down MP2) last about 10 minutes in total... All this with Titanium Skin.

Can you also open the Windows Performance Monitor and keep an eye on the I/O, CPU and memory?
    I've done it. CPU usage was between 30% and 60%, Total RAM usage was about 1 GB (the system has 4 GB, so it should be enough left). Ahh, did not mention that I'm using Win7 Professional x86 on this system. So 4 GB of RAM is more that the system can access at all. But as I had the RAM laying around I thought it did not hurt if I only can use 3,25 out of 4 GB in total... I'm not really sure if I can use x64 Windows on this system at all...

Also add a screenshot of it with the logs.
    This is not that easy to achieve. No keyboard attached to this system and no tool installed to capture screenshots. Hope it will work without.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I started to look into your logs. For now I don't have a real idea about the delays. But first let's start at some obvious issues:

1) I'd recommend to uninstall MP2 again and delete the MP2-Folders from ProgramFiles\... to make sure no other, incompatible leftovers of old versions are there. (Not sure if this is the cause for the logged issue though)
    [2015-11-28 23:44:24,212] [4542 ] [Main ] [ERROR] - Error parsing plugin descriptor file 'C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\TagLib\plugin.xml'
    System.ArgumentException: Plugin 'TagLib': Assembly DLL file 'C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\TagLib\taglib-sharp.dll' does not exist
    bei MediaPortal.Common.Services.PluginManager.PluginDirectoryDescriptor.ParseRuntimeElement(XPathNavigator runtimeNavigator, String pluginDirectory)
    bei MediaPortal.Common.Services.PluginManager.PluginDirectoryDescriptor.Load(String pluginDirectoryPath)

2) There is a 4-second delay, which might be avoided when IrInput plugin is removed
    [2015-11-28 23:44:24,538] [4868 ] [Main ] [INFO ] - PluginManager: Plugin 'IrInput' [Version: 1.0; Authors: and-81, Albert; ID: '851d53da-a2bc-443c-9fc7-e14d7edba436'] enabled.
    [2015-11-28 23:44:28,494] [8824 ] [IrInput ] [INFO ] - IrInputPlugin: Connect to service (127.0.0.1:24000)
    [2015-11-28 23:44:28,542] [8872 ] [Main ] [INFO ] - PluginManager: Plugin 'IrInput' (id '851d53da-a2bc-443c-9fc7-e14d7edba436') activated.

3) Is this screen resolution and refresh rate correct? [2015-11-28 23:45:03,321] [43651 ] [Main ] [INFO ] - GraphicsDevice: DirectX initialized 800x600 (format: X8R8G8B8 29 Hz) --> If so, I think 50 (or 25Hz) would be a better choice.

4) [2015-11-28 23:45:11,782] [52112 ] [AMQ 'SettingsChangeWatcher`1'] [INFO ] - NetworkNeighborhoodResourceProvider: No credential registered for the root path; using Network Service account as fallback, might be worth to be configured if accessing network share

5) There are timeouts acccessing WF manager:
    [2015-11-28 23:47:16,876] [177206 ] [AMQ 'VideoPlayerModel'] [ERROR] - ScreenManager: Error loading screen 'FullscreenContentVideo' in resource bundle 'Titanium', falling back to resource bundle 'Theme 'default' of skin 'default''
    MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Xaml.Exceptions.XamlLoadException: XAML loader: Error parsing file 'C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\Titanium\Skin\Titanium\screens\FullScreenContentVideo.xaml' ---> MediaPortal.UI.Presentation.Workflow.WorkflowManagerLockException: The workflow manager cannot be locked for write operation 'GetModel' (deadlock?)
    bei MediaPortal.UI.Services.Workflow.WorkflowManager.EnterWriteLock(String operation)

This error means that there is already an access "active", while another one tries to aquire write access to WF manager. This is being tried with a timeout, this timeout expired here (and in later cases)

Can you please do the 1st step above and set the LogLevel to "ALL" (so I can also see DEBUG level messages) and then create a new Log?
    Additionally, is the navigation / usage better with the "Default" skin. It's the least complex one and designed for 720p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom