Change Resolution on Startup Plugin (1 Viewer)

Czar63

Portal Member
April 23, 2004
Padova, Italy
Jadz,
this is exactly what I'd like to do.
I came to your solutions after reading all the threads on dual monitor support.

At the beginning my goal was to send movies,dvds and photo also to PJ using the TV as "command monitor", but seems no one has been able to get this working.

I think your plugin would become a "must have" in the MP environment since it moves the dual monitor support from MP to the original drivers.

May be it won't satisfy pc users, but my setup is used as HTPC only.

Czar63

Portal Member
April 23, 2004
Padova, Italy
Hi Jadz,
I understand that your plugin works for people that start MP from a computer display, but as you can see from my posts it wouldn't fit to what I'd like to do, since it cannot be configure from within MP.

A nice way to get this would be to have a configurable couple of buttons somewhere in MP (I use only remote to send commands to MP) that does the following:

Button 1 : change resolution and display output (let say in my case VGA out), may be it restarts MP (maybe not)
Watch a movie on PJ.
Button 2 : change resolution and send to TV out, restarting MP would be again acceptable
Watch a movie on TV.

is that a skin issue? So to integrate your plugin in some skin page?

Sorry to bother you again on this, tell if I'm missing any use of your plugin

Z

Zajin

Im having a problem with this plugin. It changes the resolution but when MP starts I cant see the entire screen.

I use the plugin to change from 1280x800 to 1024x768 when MP starts, then back again when it closes (I use a laptop).

If I change the resolution manually before I start MP everything works fine, it's only when the plugin changes the resolution the problem occurs.

Using WinXP SP2, Nvidia GF4 420 Go with latest drivers.

Took a screenshot so you can see what I mean.
http://www.svampskogen.com/images/mp_screenshot.jpg

A

Anonymous

Zajin said:
Im having a problem with this plugin. It changes the resolution but when MP starts I cant see the entire screen.

I use the plugin to change from 1280x800 to 1024x768 when MP starts, then back again when it closes (I use a laptop).

If I change the resolution manually before I start MP everything works fine, it's only when the plugin changes the resolution the problem occurs.

Using WinXP SP2, Nvidia GF4 420 Go with latest drivers.

Took a screenshot so you can see what I mean.
http://www.svampskogen.com/images/mp_screenshot.jpg

Sometimes I have the same problem, sometimes it works perfect.
I do not know why but this strange behaviour occurs from time to time.

jadz

Portal Pro
August 30, 2004
Canada
If you use schemes I think you don't have to deal with them. And a scheme can change the resolution and output of your video card.

J

jkwarras

Hi,

I'm having some problems to setup your plugin in my PC. When I click 'enable' in the 'Change resolution on Startup/Shutdown' sections, then if I click on 'Save settings' I get the following error:

Code:
System.MissingMethodException: Método no encontrado: Void MediaPortal.Profile.Xml.Save().
   at MediaPortal.StartupUtility.StartupUtilsSetup.BtnSaveSettingsClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Thanks for this plugin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom