[Help Me!] changed movie covers are not shown (1 Viewer)

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have changes some movie covers in the MyVideo configuration.
    For some movies the new covers are shown within WebMePo, some movies still have the old covers.
    I have tried to clean the cache within the service configuration of MPextendet. This did not help.

Attachments

• cover.zip
      135.1 KB

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Can you try a forced reload (Ctrl+F5 if i recall correctly) in your browser?

Last edited:

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have tried this. I have also deleted the browser cache ...
    Did not help.

Last edited:

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    btw: cover.zip contains my logfiles ... The name is a little bis misleading

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Can you give me the URL of one of the images that fails to load (I don't have to access it, you can remove the IP address, I'm just interested in the path and query string)? Also, if you copy/paste that URL to a new tab, it still shows the old image?

u28151

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have changes some movie covers in the MyVideo configuration.
    For some movies the new covers are shown within WebMePo, some movies still have the old covers.
    I have tried to clean the cache within the service configuration of MPextendet. This did not help.

Hi Oxan,

I experience the same thing - I get 2 movies with the same cover but it doesn't matter if I clear the cache, restart services and restart IIS.
    The same wrong cover image appears on the home page but entering the movie for details the right one shows.

Attachments

• WebMP1.jpg
      WebMP1.jpg
      87.5 KB
    • WebMP2.jpg
      WebMP2.jpg
      104.7 KB
    • WebMP3.jpg
      WebMP3.jpg
      86.4 KB

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have updated to 0.52. (Thx for this release)
    Now the right covers are shown.
    Will make a test this evening (?) and change some covers again to see what happens

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have tried and the issue is not gone.
    A changed cover is not shown if it was ever shown before with a specific dimension.
    If I have opened the movie detail view for a specific movie and than changed the cover it is also not changed in the detail view.
    I think it has something todo with caching. But clearing the browoser cache does not help.[DOUBLEPOST=1357844086][/DOUBLEPOST]I have tried to clear the cache of the service within the config GUi.

There I got the following error:

Code:
    2013-01-10 19:49:22.30326 [(1)] ERROR: Failed to clean cache
    System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "C:\ProgramData\MPExtended\Cache\IISExpress\Temporary Compressed Files\IISExpressAppPool" wurde verweigert.
      bei System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
      bei System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
      bei MPExtended.Applications.ServiceConfigurator.Pages.TabTroubleshooting.btnCleanCache_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e) in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Applications\MPExtended.Applications.ServiceConfigurator\Pages\TabTroubleshooting.xaml.cs:Zeile 123.

When trying to open the cache directory I get an missing rights message (see screenshoot)

Attachments

• access.png
      access.png
      25.6 KB
    • cache_error.zip
      438.9 KB
    Last edited:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hmm, crap. Can you try to stop the service and configurator, delete that directory and start the service (and optionally the configurator) again? I think something went wrong with setting the permissions correctly, I'm going to look into that.

EDIT: Oops, this is actually a pretty stupid bug in MPExtended which I didn't think about earlier. I'll fix it in 0.5.3.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom