Changes to Last.fm Radio ? (1 Viewer)

helsten2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I just received an email from Last.fm:
    We're writing you to let you know that there will soon be a change to Last.fm radio that may affect you. Our stats show that you've listened to radio through an application that uses our old streaming protocol. On 1 December we will deprecate this old protocol, so in some applications radio will no longer work.
    If you would like to continue enjoying Last.fm Radio, consider upgrading to a new application.

Will this affect MediaPortal 1.2.3?
    If so, will there be a fix?

Thanks.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Country flag
    Hi,
    Yeah, all the users who use last.fm radio within MP got this message, we will ofc check what we have to do & if we can.

Regards
    Roy

helsten2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I just looked in the Bugtracker - ID: 0004065. It looked like last.fm would be removed from MP. Is that correct?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    I just looked in the Bugtracker - ID: 0004065. It looked like last.fm would be removed from MP. Is that correct?
    Yes we will have to remove last.fm radio. The API we are using is being turned off and there is no replacement. The plugin will therefore be removed in 1.3 beta

The new API only allows subscribers which is not ideal but I am looking at that now.

helsten2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    The API we are using is being turned off and there is no replacement. The plugin will therefore be removed in 1.3 beta
    Thanks - I understand (but it's a pity). You don't have a good (free) replacement ;) ?

ms1964

Portal Member
    April 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes we will have to remove last.fm radio. The API we are using is being turned off and there is no replacement. The plugin will therefore be removed in 1.3 beta

The new API only allows subscribers which is not ideal but I am looking at that now.

According to Last.fm it should be possible to get an API account for non-commercial use. Would'nt that be sufficient?
    I am having a strong interest in keeping this plugin alive, because I really loved to listen to Last.fm music.
    Is there probably anything I could do to contribute to this?

Cheers,
    ms

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    According to Last.fm it should be possible to get an API account for non-commercial use. Would'nt that be sufficient?
    I am having a strong interest in keeping this plugin alive, because I really loved to listen to Last.fm music.
    Is there probably anything I could do to contribute to this?

Cheers,
    ms
    We have an account and there will be a replacement but you can only steam music if you are a (paid up) subscriber.

If you are a subscriber then watch this space :cool: If not then there is unfortunately nothing we can do :(

ms1964

Portal Member
    April 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the info. It's 3,- € per month in Germany and to me it would be worth it.
    So I 'll keep an eye on this.
    Cheers,
    ms

Users who are viewing this thread