Changes to Last.fm Radio ? (1 Viewer)

solas989

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Ohio
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Has this plugin been turned off for others? Or is it being softly depracated? My Last/fm is still working just wonderfully. (1.3.0A)

Attachments

• lastfmmp.png
      lastfmmp.png
      75.5 KB

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    They said it should be disabled, but who knows. Some days ago I received a new message that even as subscriber I will not be able to use last.fm radio part after 15. January(I'm in Norway, not sure which others will be affected), so for me the last.fm part now seems very dead out. I don't need a place just to show what i play without getting anything else back..

Regards
    Roy

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Has this plugin been turned off for others? Or is it being softly depracated? My Last/fm is still working just wonderfully. (1.3.0A)
    Seems a bit hit and miss.
    I have been playing around and I am fairly sure there has been a change to the API and looking in the background I am getting HTTP 403 (Forbidden) errors but it does seem to kind of work (but I am having issues changing radio station)

I understand it has totally stopped working in Foobar 2000 so I guess if there is something that is still working in MP then it is likely that they will identify it sooner or later and switch it off. I do have radio working with the current API but this is subscriber only

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    They said it should be disabled, but who knows. Some days ago I received a new message that even as subscriber I will not be able to use last.fm radio part after 15. January(I'm in Norway, not sure which others will be affected), so for me the last.fm part now seems very dead out. I don't need a place just to show what i play without getting anything else back..
    What did this message say? I have not heard about this one.

The scrobbling is still quite useful for the auto-dj mode I am implementing. This is only local files but it works better if more people scrobble.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    What did this message say? I have not heard about this one.

The scrobbling is still quite useful for the auto-dj mode I am implementing. This is only local files but it works better if more people scrobble.
    Hi,
    I got his some days ago:
    Code:
    Last.fm is making some important changes to the radio services we offer around the world. We have considered these changes carefully, in response to various factors that affect our business differently in parts of the world.

Up until now, Last.fm radio has been a subscription only feature in your country. However, unfortunately, from Tuesday 15 January 2013 we are no longer able to provide radio streaming to you due to licensing restrictions, and you will no longer be able to listen to Last.fm radio.

Scrobbling remains free and your listening data, charts and recommendations will not be affected by this change.

Our subscription package will continue to offer other benefits, including an ad-free browsing experience site-wide, access to demos on Last.fm Playground, and other features we’re working hard to add.

However, we understand if you wish to cancel your subscription. If this is the case, please see our FAQ for information on how to cancel. If you have paid for a subscription longer than 30 days up-front, you can request a refund.

We will continue to look at the state of the market in your country and hope to expand again in future.

Please see our announcement page for more information on Last.fm changes, news and other listening services that interoperate with Last.fm.

We very much appreciate your loyalty and we hope to see you around.

Thanks,
    The Last.fm Team

Regards
    Roy

ms1964

Portal Member
    April 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I do have radio working with the current API but this is subscriber only

Hi jameson_uk,

I have a question on this. You wrote you have radio working with the current API. What exacty does this mean? Is the Last.FM plugin for Media portal still working with all former features if your account is a subscriber account?

Cheers,
    ms

eiderdautz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 21, 2012
    Viersen, NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So, I think it's over. I live in Germany and I have been used a free account at last.fm. At christmas time it has worked yet, but now it doensn't work.
    What can I do now? I use MP 1.2.2.
    Can anybody help?

Regards
    Dirk

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Last.FM was removed from MP 1.3 Beta for this reason (old API is no longer working) only scrobble in MyMusic is still working. Now that Last.FM is fully a subcription service, only paid subscribers have the opportunity for future use of Last.FM in MP, once the new api is integrated to the plugin. Spotify in the US is the same, and Pandora may be next. Only streaming radio (such as RadioTime), but without the nice features of Last.FM.

Last edited:

eiderdautz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 21, 2012
    Viersen, NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So, it doesn't help if I change to a paid subscriber, is that correct? My MP 1.2.2 will don't work, because I have an old API?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom