Changing channel from 1 card to another causes crash (1 Viewer)

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    MediaPortal Version: 0-2-2 SVN 13644
    MediaPortal Skin: Spinsafe nature (also Bluetwo)
    Windows Version: XP pro (and Vista)
    MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV and dscaler
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA and dscaler
    TV Server: 13646

In recent releases I notice that if I change channel from 1 card to another (that is, changing channel that causes a change in card) - causes the TV playback on the client to crash.

I *think* this is to do with the media portal SVN because when I uninstall and install an older SVN (12903) with the same server and server plugin it works fine...

Has anyone else seen this?

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Hi - sorry for not including the logs - I thought I was follow the right process (and I didn't see any errors in the logs) - but you are absolutely right - I should have included them.

(I'm sure it's frustrating when people don't include them - sorry)

This is resovled in the latest SVN :)

(If you'd like me to update logs anyway just let me know)

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Sadly this problem is back :(

It still *seems* to be to do with the client SVN. I'm running 13718 and if I change channel where the new channel is on a different card to the current channel the stream stops playing (and I have to select the channel again to get it to play.). THe problem goes away if I revert back to (For example) SVN 12903.

I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing - please let me know if you need more information. I'll attached logs from both client and server.

(when viewing attached logs I had the problem when swtching channel from NINE DIGITAL->Nick Jnr.)

Thanks so much for any assistance.

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    BTW my setup is Network (copper) single server / multi client - the client I'm working on at the moment is a Mac Mini

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom