[WiP] Changing channel using numbers does not work across group (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    In fact less we touch TVE3 and more speedy TVE3.5 will comes.
    If it's minor change then we need a branch for TVE3 and also TVE3.5.

TVE3.5 doesn't work anymore with gentle etc. so touching the SQL is tricky.
    Better to do profile for TVE3.5.

But yes i'm using the lock groups on my side and this one can be ported to TVE3.5 if it didn't enter in conflict on TVE3.5 feature :p

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    edit the group channels so what?

edit: sorry guys but imho its only reasonable if scanned channels not get listed on 10000:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    can you please explain, the goal of this one ?

Did you read the title of that thread? I can hardly make it any clearer I'm afraid.
    The first post goes into some details too.

The goal is that, when you do channel selection using numbers on your remote, it will jump to the channel matching the given number, even if that channel is not in the current group.
    Hope that helps.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm quite excited about that change as it would allow users to make the most of applications such as Peel Smart Remote for smartphone and Harmony channel shortcuts while still using channel groups.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    edit the group channels so what?

edit: sorry guys but imho its only reasonable if scanned channels not get listed on 10000:rolleyes:

I don't quite follow what you're saying. Could you explain further?
    Feel free to post in German if that's quicker for you.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just reviewing the current change...

Scan current group first thus enabling consistent duplicate channel numbers behavior.
    I agree, this is very important. In my opinion people will expect to stay within the current group unless they explicitly select a channel that is not in the current group.

Having looked at the code more thoroughly now...
    What you've got generally looks good. (y)
    Only two additional comments (opinions! :) ):
    1. I think it would be more consistent not to try to avoid going to the all channels group. If people want to avoid the all channels group, they can use the "hide all channels group" setting... or simply configure it to be the last group. (As you know, groups have a defined sort order. m_groups is already sorted according to that ordering and excludes the all channels group according to the setting value. After checking the current group, you could simply iterate over m_groups until you find the channel.)
    2. If possible, I would only set the current group after trying to select the target channel, and only if zapping is successful.
    I was also going to add that the all channels group could be completely skipped if the user has ticked the "hide all channels group" option, but the current code already does that (m_groups is filtered on initial load). (y)

Thanks! :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom