Changing channels does not seem to work in latest Server version (1 Viewer)

jensnasholm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 21, 2005
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    MediaPortal Version: The Latest
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue Two Wide
    Windows Version: XP SP2
    CPU Type: AMD +3500
    HDD: 250GB Spinpoint
    Memory: 2Gb
    Motherboard: Gigabyte 6150
    Motherboard Chipset: NVIDIA 410/430
    Motherboard Bios:
    Video Card: NVIDIA 6150 Onboard
    Video Card Driver:
    Sound Card:
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: FloppyDTV
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
    1. TV Card Driver: The latest
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: NVIDIA
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: NVIDIA
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: ComHem
    HTPC Case:
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote:
    TV:
    TV - HTPC Connection: RGB --> DVI

All,

During my lunch break i updated the TVServer and MP/Client Plugin to the latest versions and i found some strange things occuring when changing channels. I will generate logs tonight and post them here, so this is for pure info and commenting at the moment.

With the previous version (12970) changing channels worked perfectly from all possible places such as the EPG, MiniEPG, etc etc

Now though this has stopped working. If watching a channel in fullscreen and activating the MiniEPG to select a different channel, it will sit there for maybe 10-15secs and the revert back to the full EPG screen with no TV. Then trying to select a channel from within the full EPG, you get the error message where MP is saying that all cards are busy.

Then going to the main TV page you can see that the TV is "on" as the orange light is on... turning the TV off will now let you change the channel.

Exactly this also happens if you, while the TV is running, enter the full EPG and try to change the channel from within full EPG.

However, if you are in the full EPG, with the TV running, and "drill down" into the channel and select view channel it all works fine.

I know this is tad bit thin on the reporting side, but i will provide more details after tonight.

Has anyone seen this problem as well??

Cheers,
    Jens

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom