Changing the OSD delay time in MediaPortal-2

Discussion in 'General' started by feedme, August 2, 2017.

1. feedme

feedme New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am a new user to MediaPortal2 and have been using it to watch DVD's after finding Windows 10's native DVD player to be poor.

My only issue with the player is the play / pause / timeline overlay that appears when I mouse over the screen. I find this irritating every time my cursor wanders over to my second monitor and want to change the delay time for it to disappear to 0 seconds; I want it to immediately disappear as soon as I mouse out rather than take 5 seconds to fade, similar to YouTube's OSD.

[​IMG]

In MediaPortal1 there appears to be a setting for this, but I cannot find a corresponding setting in MediaPortal2's settings menu. I can't find any obvious XML settings files in the installation directory either.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

HTPCSourcer MP2 Product Manager

Ratings:
    +2,307 / 21
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    This is not yet possible. See MP2-662

4. feedme

feedme New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ah, that's a shame.

Does MP1 play DVD's as well as MP2? MP2 is superior to any program for playing DVD's I have found thus far - VLC didn't full screen properly, Window's DVD Player didn't play it at DVD quality for some reason.

If so then I'll migrate to MP1.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!