Changing the OSD delay time in MediaPortal-2 (1 Viewer)

feedme

August 2, 2017
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I am a new user to MediaPortal2 and have been using it to watch DVD's after finding Windows 10's native DVD player to be poor.

My only issue with the player is the play / pause / timeline overlay that appears when I mouse over the screen. I find this irritating every time my cursor wanders over to my second monitor and want to change the delay time for it to disappear to 0 seconds; I want it to immediately disappear as soon as I mouse out rather than take 5 seconds to fade, similar to YouTube's OSD.

AqCNxe0.jpg

In MediaPortal1 there appears to be a setting for this, but I cannot find a corresponding setting in MediaPortal2's settings menu. I can't find any obvious XML settings files in the installation directory either.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

feedme

August 2, 2017
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Ah, that's a shame.

Does MP1 play DVD's as well as MP2? MP2 is superior to any program for playing DVD's I have found thus far - VLC didn't full screen properly, Window's DVD Player didn't play it at DVD quality for some reason.

If so then I'll migrate to MP1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Good idea. I will try that. I may found have something here: RC: Simple Fix for Windows XP MediaCenter 2004 (Post 6 by...
Good idea. I will try that. I may found have something here: RC: Simple Fix for Windows XP MediaCenter 2004 (Post 6 by...
Hi, I've been using Media Portal now for several years and never experienced any problems. It's a fantastic piece of software. At...
Replies
Views
OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this year, in march 2020) the Telenet provider will stop broadcasting Analog TV and Radio signals on their cable, and make the switch to Digital (DVB-C). The radio signals will disappear completely, so you'll...
OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this...
OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this...
Replies
Views
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user requirements out of the box. Aside from its support for Live TV and Radio, it offers a complete media server for music, movies, and TV shows. Info is automatically downloaded from various sources to...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3.1 MediaPortal 2.3.1 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm quite new to this forum so please excuse me if I'm short on my understanding on how this works, I've been trying to find a solution for a couple of days but I've been yet unsuccessful. I'm trying to use an old HP Touchsmart (iq500) as a TV screen to live stream my PS2, as I haven't got enough room/money for a new TV. The...
Hi, I'm quite new to this forum so please excuse me if I'm short on my understanding on how this works, I've been trying to find a...
Hi, I'm quite new to this forum so please excuse me if I'm short on my understanding on how this works, I've been trying to find a...
Replies
Views
It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom