1.30.0 Channel 5 missing (1 Viewer)

wjw

Portal Pro
July 13, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Is anyone else having a problem with Channel 5? Until recently it was fine but I have just discovered that I can no longer view it.

I have tried rescanned (Astra 28.2 East satellite) several times but Channel 5 simply does not appear in the list of the scanned channels. I did a reload of the satellite list to make sure I had the latest info. as well as enabling channel movement detection- but no joy. As far as I can tell all other channels are still OK so I know that my tuners are all working with a good signal. Just no mention of a Channel 5 at all.

If anyone can provide specific tuner parameters from a working setup I would be grateful.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi,
    For the SD channel
    Channel 5 SD.png

Or for HD
    Channel 5 HD.png

wjw

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Many thanks for capturing and posting this for me. Channel 5 now renewed!!!

Still really curious as to why the full scan didn't seem to find it.

wjw

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    I find that I now have exactly the same problem with the recently moved BBC Four HD channel. As before channel scans simply do not find this channel - and even though I have used the new details as specified by Lyngsat./KingofSat all I get is "nosignalfound" when I preview.
    etc
    So, if anyone can provide the details of a working setup I would be grateful - again!!!!

AlunS

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    I've noticed the same issues and the problem is the transponder list for Astra 28.2E is not up to date. I don't know where MP get's it's lists from but they're clearly not being updated. I looked on Lyngsat and KinfgofSat and just scanned the relevant transponder manually.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    the problem is the transponder list for Astra 28.2E is not up to date.
    Suggestion: update the transponder list with the missing entries, and add the modified list to this thread as a zip file. This will benefit all of the MP users in the UK who use satellite for their TV. (I don't use satellite.)

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

AlunS

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Suggestion: update the transponder list with the missing entries, and add the modified list to this thread as a zip file. This will benefit all of the MP users in the UK who use satellite for their TV. (I don't use satellite.)

-- from CyberSimian in the UK
    I plan on doing that, but it's a bit of a tedious thing to do. Places like KingofSat and Lyngsat keep their transponder / channel lists up to date but there's no way to download them in any format, let alone xml.

I seem to remember there's one essential transponder missing and another has changed from V to H or vice versa and a different symbol rate. I'll get working on it and upload a new one once I've tested it. Could take a while though.

wjw

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Or could you perhaps/please post a screenshot of your working details?

I have just tried various numbers from both Kingofsat and Lyngsat (because they appear to be different) and I still get no signal detected when I scan.

AlunS

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    OK, I've just had a closer look and it seems that the updated transponder lists do have the updated info in, it's just that the transponders aren't sorted in order of frequency, the new updated ones appear to have been tacked on at the end.

I haven't actually tried a full scan with the new list, but if you want to try, make sure you click the Update Satellite list button in the scan dialogue box first before doing a scan and see if that helps.

AlunS

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    OK, I took the latest transponder list, sorted it according to transponder frequency, and double checked it and alas although some of the newer / changed transponders were actually there, there were still errors in it.

I've made an attempt to correct these, and attached it here.

You'll find all the satellite transponder lists in c:\ProgramData\Team Mediaportal\Mediaportal TV Server\TuningParameters\dvbs

Use at your own risk, and make a backup of the old file first!!!!

EDIT: I've just done a full scan using the above and it seems to pick up all the new regional BBC HD variants which is what the major changes have been recently as all the SD variants have now disappeared. it also picks up Channel 5 and BBC FOUR, as per some of the above posts.

Attachments

• 28.2°E Astra 2E,2F,2G.xml
      29.9 KB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom