Channel changes in UK (1 Viewer)

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    There has been a frequency change at the Crystal Palace transmitter that has meant that ITV3 is no longer being picked up by the 'Scan for channels' function. What I get is as follows:

upload_2018-4-27_11-36-42.png

ITV3 has been moved from Freeview 10 to Freeview 788.

Is there a fresh 'UK.Crystal Palace.xml' to handle this change?

Thank you in advance.

Tony

muscles

Portal Member
    July 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Hiya yes there was a freeview change just scan these and you are good to go
    some the the channels on 586 and 570 moved to the new freq's ive shown.
    kev.

RVR

Portal Member
    May 9, 2016
    Home Country
    Hi, I have a problem with an upgrade to Media Portal whereby some of the channels which I used to have cannot be picked up in the scan. I am on the Hannington transmitter and I was wondering if this is a similar issue to what I am seeing.

The channels are 634167, 658167,682167. I used to get about a 100 channels but now only 40.

Some Channels are not picked up will others on the same frequency are.

By the way the TV picks them all up.

Any help appreciated.

Regards
    R. Reading

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Is there a fresh 'UK.Crystal Palace.xml' to handle this change?
    some of the channels which I used to have cannot be picked up in the scan. I am on the Hannington transmitter
    You can update the XML files that define the MUXes. It is easy enough to do (I did it for the Rowridge transmitter when it changed a few weeks ago; it is changing again next week :mad:). The following web site gives the details of the MUXes for each transmitter; just type in your post code, select "Detailed view" and click "Go":

Digital UK - Coverage checker

If you position the mouse pointer over the channel numbers, a pop-up appears displaying the MUX power. The file to be updated resides in the following folder; there is a separate file for each transmitter:

C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TuningParameters\dvbt\

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Thank you all for your contributions.

I have changed 538000 to 746000 and 570000 to 754000, but no new channels have been detected.

CyberSimian: the xml's you pointed to had the changes above.

Am I missing something?

Tony

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    All of my TV's are receiving the new channels, so I don't think this is an aerial issue.

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2007
    Home Country
    Have you tried a scan using All Regions as the Region/Provider? As for ITV3, you might have picked it up on channel 788 earlier, when it was still broadcasting on SDN and D3&4. The SDN version has now closed and D3&4 moved down to channel 10 but MP doesn't automatically update the channel numbers, there's a log of changes here - Freeview Updates - a516digital (see 28 February, 28 March and 16 April)

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Thanks JA. You're right. ITV3 was there already but the channel was named 'Unknown 2066' in the Channel table instead of 'ITV3'.

I found out what this channel really was by looking in the TuningDetail table where channel (column 'name') 'ITV3' did exist with a foreign key pointing to the 'Unknown 2066' row in Channel table.

I deleted both rows and scanned again, and, lo and behold, ITV3 was picked up as a new channel.

Thank you everyone for your help.

Tony

P.S. BTW, I found 38 channels where the channel number is 10000, including the newly found ITV3. As I understand it, ITV3 should have a channel number of 788. Are all channels over a certain number being grouped together under channel number 10000?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom